Speed Camera fines now in effect | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed Camera fines now in effect

oioioi

Site Supporter
Bare careful out there

It has been a while since I've won a prize for speeding, are those fines the same as if they were issued by a human?

really 1km/h over is going to get a ticket?? I would have though they would have some common sense and not ticket until something like 10km/h over.

They've put a few near me and everyone in the neighborhood knows exactly where they are. What happens? people do 60-70 until they are in range, slam on the brakes to 40kmh, then speed up to 80 when they pass it to make up for the lost time.

I only see this getting more unsafe, esp for motorcyclists. There are many times when riding the speed limit drops, and people slam the brakes to slow down, I do so, and keep a watchful eye on the rear as people come speeding. I can see rear ends happening more frequently, esp with distracted driving in place, fellow in front knows the neighborhood and camera, slows, person behind is following GPS and using their phone to located uber pick up, bang...

Does anyone have a map of the locations for these cameras

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone have a map of the locations for these cameras

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed cameras are also coming to York region. The first one will be on hwy #7 between McCowan and 48 in a school safety zone at the catholic school.

Thanks, mostly off the main roads from what I saw so shouldn’t affect the day to day travels

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Lotta hate for something that you can just avoid being hassled with by simply not driving like a goon in the school zones and such where they're placed.

Did anyone read the rest of the story and see that some of these machines while in the "observation" phase were seeing people going through 40kph school zones at 100kph (!!) over (so, 140kph) the limit? Heck, they were endlessly snapping people driving 50+ over posted limits. Do people think this is acceptable??

Anyone who actually spends any amount of time on the roads as part of their job knows that these sorts of enforcement/deterrent methods are drastically needed. It's turning into a ******* free for all out there and there can't be a cop on every street corner.

They need them on the 401 as well.....today coming back to Whitby from Pickering in traffic, sure enough, a BMW and an Audi blasting along together at what had to be 170+.

Lotta hate for something that you can just avoid being hassled with by simply not driving like a goon in the school zones and such where they're placed.

Did anyone read the rest of the story and see that some of these machines while in the "observation" phase were seeing people going through 40kph school zones at 100kph (!!) over (so, 140kph) the limit? Heck, they were endlessly snapping people driving 50+ over posted limits. Do people think this is acceptable??

Anyone who actually spends any amount of time on the roads as part of their job knows that these sorts of enforcement/deterrent methods are drastically needed. It's turning into a ******* free for all out there and there can't be a cop on every street corner.

They need them on the 401 as well.....today coming back to Whitby from Pickering in traffic, sure enough, a BMW and an Audi blasting along together at what had to be 170+.
If they set them at the 85th percentile speed I wouldnt be concerned. It sounds like they are ticketing at 41 km/h. In my mind, most of the time, hat is straight fundraising and nothing to do with safety.

even with the speeding twits i consider the highway a far safer place to be.

If they set them at the 85th percentile speed I wouldnt be concerned. It sounds like they are ticketing at 41 km/h.

I don't believe that's actually the case. It's what a lot of people are saying online....but I don't think it's the case - pretty sure there's a buffer of allowance before a ticket is issued.

Back
Top Bottom