Speed Camera fines now in effect | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed Camera fines now in effect

Rob MacLennan

Site Supporter
You should have fought the ticket then - the machine was out of calibration. You'd have won.

You are legally allowed to enter an intersection on a yellow. It's only after the light turns red that crossing the white line will yield you a ticket. Red light cameras are supposed to be calibrated accordingly....apparently the one you experienced...was not.
Not quite true. A yellow light is "stop if it is safe to do so", so you might have to justify not stopping, if charged.

Amber light

(15) Every driver approaching a traffic control signal showing a circular amber indication and facing the indication shall stop his or her vehicle if he or she can do so safely, otherwise he or she may proceed with caution. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 144 (15)

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Fair enough, but having had my wife the lucky recipient of a red light ticket once before I can say the photo doesn’t tell much of the story.

A simple “I didn’t feel I could stop my vehicle safely in time” would have been hard for the crown to rebut.

Regardless, the machines are only supposed to ticket if the vehicle enters the intersection after the light went red. Not yellow. 🙂

Rob MacLennan

Site Supporter
Fair enough, but having had my wife the lucky recipient of a red light ticket once before I can say the photo doesn’t tell much of the story.

A simple “I didn’t feel I could stop my vehicle safely in time” would have been hard for the crown to rebut.

Regardless, the machines are only supposed to ticket if the vehicle enters the intersection after the light went red. Not yellow. 🙂
My understanding is that several images are taken at the time that a red light camera is triggered so you could find that The Crown has a bit more information about the incident, than is shown in the offence notification.

bigguy1

My understanding is that several images are taken at the time that a red light camera is triggered so you could find that The Crown has a bit more information about the incident, than is shown in the offence notification.
I received 4 photos when I received mine. My understanding is there are more. All 4 in various stages of going through the intersection also had a time stamp as well as vehicle speed.

Top Bottom