Spam Callers | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spam Callers

I got a call from Rogers the other day, soliciting for my my internet / phone / cell business. I'm on the Do Not Call registry, something a communications company should adhere to.

What if someone called Roger's, preferably from an untraceable pay phone, and got the usual robo receptionist. When directed to call the party they want to speak with using their X digit extension, punch in any combo of numbers and then harass whoever answers the phone, telling them they're from Bell and want to sell them communication services, duct cleaning. Drag it out as long as possible.

got a call from Rogers the other day, soliciting for my my internet / phone / cell business. I'm on the Do Not Call registry, something a communications company should adhere to.
I got a similar call last week, I don’t think it was a legit Rogers rep. Usually Rogers people know your name, the guy who called me did not and was asking weird questions. He ended up getting an air horn treatment from me.

I got a call from Rogers the other day, soliciting for my my internet / phone / cell business. I'm on the Do Not Call registry, something a communications company should adhere to.

What if someone called Roger's, preferably from an untraceable pay phone, and got the usual robo receptionist. When directed to call the party they want to speak with using their X digit extension, punch in any combo of numbers and then harass whoever answers the phone, telling them they're from Bell and want to sell them communication services, duct cleaning. Drag it out as long as possible.

Companies that you have been a customer of or had business dealings with within a certain time period are allowed to call numbers on the national do not disturb list. You can ask those companies to put you on their own internal do not call list which they should be checking along with the national before they call.

I’d like actual jail time for senior scams , some can afford it the least , it plays havoc with thier trust , and it’s just dirty. Something other than calling it white collar crime light .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Companies that you have been a customer of or had business dealings with within a certain time period are allowed to call numbers on the national do not disturb list. You can ask those companies to put you on their own internal do not call list which they should be checking along with the national before they call.
Sadly, the list of companies that can call you makes the DNC look like Swiss cheese. Charities, politials, surveys and previous business relationships. The charities and surveys are often scams hiding reselling businesses etc.

I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognize but yesterday I was waiting for a call from a business. Phone rang so I answered it. My luck, it was a duct cleaning spam call. Sat through the spiel. Gave them the info they wanted to hear - 4 br., gas furnace, 1,800 sq. ft. (I have gas, but for the fireplace only - no ducts). Set up an appointment for Tuesday after 5. I set it up for evening so I can be home to get the satisfaction of seeing them show up to the address I gave them of the house across the street from me. The house on that lot has been demolished to make room for the owner's new house to be built.

Last edited:
Please have a camera rolling.

I recently got one of these calls as well.
They said unlimited vents, so I told them I have 100 vents.
"Carlos" from India was not expecting that and just told me to have a nice day.

Poor sod from rogers called, again, to ask if I'm interested in more BS from them. I said no now put me on your DNC list.
"I'll give you a number you can call to get put on the list"
"rogers is a leading telecommunications company in the 21 century, can you not just put me through to that extention?"
"No"

Oh please sign me up more of that shite then......

EDIT: Super happy with Quadro. If there is a issue I call and someone local actually picks up the phone. Problem resolved very quickly. And it's a co-op so I got a dividend check at year end. Pound salt rogers.

I told Rogers ‘I’m busy call me later’ without thinking…twice per day every day those mofos are calling. I assumed they’d get the hint at 5 days

Back
Top Bottom