Southwood Road full of sand checked Apr 9 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Southwood Road full of sand checked Apr 9

it will be paved on friday

it will be paved on friday
i own a cottage on the road and they phoned me wednesday letting me know to keep car out of the way ......they re doing my driveway as well as it connect as well

Today, I got two big thumbs up, instead of a wave from a southbound dualsport rider, just as I started northbound. There were about a dozen sections that were hard packed gravel. Nothing too bad, if taken responsibly. The sand in a few of the other corners were obvious and easily avoidable.
The Barrens section was great except for those two Asshats driving southbound using the whole road like it was their track day. Fortunately, they got back, just in time, onto their side of the road when they saw me coming around the corners. The construction was all south of the Barrens though. In the Barrens and north of it were fine.

I rode it Sunday June 5th. Other than the parts that were obviously being prepared for resurfacing, it is a good as i have ever seen it. Not much sand at all, and what there was was plainly visible.

..Tom

not fun at all at southwood....was there yesterday. going into big chute isn't fun either...

Hi, I was wondering if venture this way, which way is best ? Nth to Sth or Sth to North?

+1 North to South, but it's also good to ride it conservatively (Northbound in the morning) as a first curvy road during a ride and then hit it back Southbound as the last road before coming home.

Drove it yesterday in my work truck from North 2 South..some parts pretty good, didn't hit any sand for the first 6 Km but after that some sand and then progressively worse bumps and short gravel sections, all hard packed but I'm not sure if I would ride my bike on it. I prefer to stay on the blacktop if possible. Gotta admit I did have fun sliding my truck around:)
If they ever repave it:cherry:

I was on Southwood, (Muskoka Road 13) Monday night, May 30, YOU MAY AS WELL STAY OFF OF IT NOW, unless you enjoy riding in the dirt. Tthe District has ground up sections of it and it has large sections of gravel and mud. They are in the way of re paving these sections but it may take a while.

Here is part of Southwood from Last Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AjDmwQ8v38

..Tom

That video is deceiving, while some parts are nice there are many others with large sections of hard packed gravel where they have removed the tarmac. When I was up there last week it wasn't currently being worked on. Most likely will be a while before it gets repaired.

Last edited:
updates?

I am looking for an update on Southwood, as I am planning a ride there July 9th

Here's an update: Southwood always sucks and it's always full of sand. Go to any of the other way better roads in the general vicinity.

Was riding around Creemore and River road when i got to chat to a couple of riders who said Southwood is still bad, torn up and sandy.

Back
Top Bottom