Some advice on buying. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some advice on buying.

87m6chris

Trying a buy an old car from a guy in the States, I want to get the money to him quickly so no one else scoops it before me but don't want to get scammed either. I'm very sure it isn't a scam, have talked to the guy a few times now and he's not making any demands. But don't want to be dropped from the deal by asking too much for assurances and making it too complicated. So, whats the best way of sending money these days, bank transfer, wire money,
Paypal? I hate to do paypal for this amount of money cause I know they are going to ask for my bank account info and I don't want to do that unless I really have to.
I'm open to your wisdom.
Thanks

Not that it appears to be in your plans but cash or negotiable notes over about $10K will get you in trouble with the US cops. Siezed without proof of wrong doing.

paypal him a downpayment with the remainder when u scoop the car up...IF you are going to get it. If not...i dunno, never been in that situation.

Not that it appears to be in your plans but cash or negotiable notes over about $10K will get you in trouble with the US cops. Siezed without proof of wrong doing.

Not quite. Cash / negotiable transfers over $10K will only get you in trouble if you don't report them. If you file a report with DHS, you are golden.

Ask him how much is enough for a deposit to secure the purchase and then Paypal it. Bring a certified cheque or money order for the remainder.

what kind of car is this that your willing to travel across the border?
what kind of savings are we talkin about here?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom