Somali pirates... pwned. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Somali pirates... pwned.

firestart doesn't seem to get that no one in the 1st world really care about the 3rd world. firestart if you REALLY care so much, why are you sitting on your butt ranting about injustice on gtam? haha

Cuz it's trendy to cry for the Indians on the internet?

This time it's the poor Skinnies who are so hard done by they just can't help slaughtering their own people with machetes every now and then.

The Cosa Nosta made them do it after all. :)

firestart doesn't seem to get that no one in the 1st world really care about the 3rd world. firestart if you REALLY care so much, why are you sitting on your butt ranting about injustice on gtam? haha

Cuz it's trendy to cry for the Indians on the internet?

This time it's the poor Skinnies who are so hard done by they just can't help slaughtering their own people with machetes every now and then.

The Cosa Nosta made them do it after all. :)

How about because I don't have the spare time or the money to take on multiple criminal organizations. I am currently working on staying afloat myself, working, taking vocational training, that sort of thing. In any case, I'm more concerned about what's going on back home. People get fed stories about bad pirates by Quebecor and their ilk and they wanna go out and kill humans but they're perfectly fine with that allowing some real unsavoury characters to cause a hell of a lot more damage to innocent civillians and the planet that we all happen to be living on. That doesn't sound like Canada of before. Seriously, most people posting here sound like a bunch southern state yahoos. If you really wanna eat some human flesh, why don't you pick up your rifles, get into a van and follow someone blinged out in gold as they're walking through the Jane & Finch area or East Hamilton. I'm sure you could kill a few people down there, while you're at it.

I love it when he starts to pontificate.

yup, firestart is SUCH an activist, right up until he just doesn't enough spare time. hahahahahhahaah *cough* hypocrite.

Yup. If it's so bad back in Yugoslavia he'd get his azz back there and do something about it. Climbing up on his soap box and whining about it on here at every opportunity get's real old real fast.

Honestly Ilija, you pick some good causes some times but defending Somali pirates that are hijacking and ransoming UN food aid ships isn't one of them.

If you come at a cruise ship with AK's and RPG's and hold innocent civilians against their will you're doing it wrong. Armed combat is for armed combatants.

They are just overly bad at it and getting owned now because the world is sick of their ****.

I'm not saying that piracy's ok, but what's happening here is the equivalent of arresting a pickpocket while he's trying to prevent a murder and then standing guard over the murderer so he can do his work in peace. Picking pockets is wrong, but murder is even more wrong. It's not just that the armada isn't lifting a finger to prevent a greater evil, they're actively assisting the culprits.

SkyRider - If you were working my hours, you wouldn't be talking smack like that.

WOW... I don't think I have ever heard anyone say something like this before. Its pretty extreme.. no one wants to kill innocent people (even if they like their bling).

If you really wanna eat some human flesh, why don't you pick up your rifles, get into a van and follow someone blinged out in gold as they're walking through the Jane & Finch area or East Hamilton. I'm sure you could kill a few people down there, while you're at it.

Innocent people don't deserve to die, they don't deserve to live the lifes that that majority of the world gets delt. But, those that make it their purpose in life to go and make life worse for other people just so they can get ahead don't deserve the respect.
I didn't go to Somolia, but the things I've heard... And the things I've seen on my own travels show me the way most of the world really is. We're damn lucky to live here and not have to worry about being hacked up with a machete because my grandparents were from a certain "tribe", or have to worry about being executed with an AK to the back of the head because I decided to stand up for what's right and the bullys on the block didn't like it.

These guys were coming aboard armed, and they should expect to be confronted like this, why give them a free lunch?

I'm not very politically correct, and I honestly don't care. I've seen what it's like outside of our bubble. These guys are the same sick bastards that hack people up and kill in some pretty nasty ways. Good riddance, the world doesn't need them.

SkyRider - If you were working my hours, you wouldn't be talking smack like that.

and if you were reallllly serious about your "cause". you would not be sitting in front of your computer sipping cola while your "comrades" are being allegedly killed overseas.

but what's happening here is the equivalent of arresting a pickpocket while he's trying to prevent a murder and then standing guard over the murderer so he can do his work in peace

so basically you are saying 911 is justified because the USA started it with the middle east first. civilian deaths are just collateral damage.

Last edited:
that video was awesome, curred some of the boredom i have on this Graveyard Shift.

any whoo i think the OP intended for this to be what it did to me, not to turn in to a **** storm of arguing about the environment and the Somalian people. :S just my view.

Cheers,
Geoff

There's a lot of injustice going on on this planet and fighting it would be a full time job for someone who doesn't have to work for a living. I do. The best I can do is try to educate people back at home. If at least one person stops acting like a savage, I've already done my part.

I never said 911 was justified and I was one of the first people to call for us to get involved in Afghanistan (envisioned a punitive mission, not a full-scale invasion or an ongoing Crusade).

In this specific case, piracy is a lot less serious issue compared to starving out thousands and poisoning more thousands to death. I'm just saying that the armada should also police the dumping and the poaching in addition to piracy and that will make it more effective at its original issue as there won't be a need for armed Somalis to take their boats out.

They would be doing it no matter what. I seriously doubt they are out there for the environment.

Here is some insight into what is happening in Somalia to fix their own problems. They clearly don't need pirates (if that article is to be believed).

For a generation, Somalia has been a byword for the suffering of a failed state. It has lurched from disaster to disaster in the last 21 years, since the central government was toppled by clan militias that later turned on each other. Year after year, Somalia has been ranked as one of the world’s poorest, most violent countries, plagued by warring militias, bandits, warlords and pirates.

Since 2006, the country has faced an insurgency led by Al Shabab, one of Africa’s most fearsome militant Islamist groups. Al Shabab controls parts of southern Somalia and has claimed affiliation with Al Qaeda since 2007.

In August 2011, the Shabab receded from several areas at once, handing the Transitional Federal Government an enormous opportunity to finally step outside the capital and begin uniting this fractious country after two decades of war. But the government was too weak, corrupt, divided and disorganized to mount a claim beyond Mogadishu, the capital, leaving clan warlords, Islamist militias and proxy forces armed by foreign governments to battle it out for the regions the Shabab was losing.

Starting in September, militants from Somalia carried out numerous kidnappings across the border in Kenya, apparently targeting Westerners and those affiliated with Western organizations there. Some analysts believed that the Shabab were involved because the militants controlled much of the area along the Kenya-Somalia border. In October, Kenyan forces crossed into Somalia to fight the militants.
Many kidnappings have also been conducted by pirates, who operate with total impunity in many parts of Somalia. And as naval efforts have intensified on the high seas, stymieing hijackings, Somali pirates seemed to be increasingly snatching foreigners on land.

more than 300,000 residents have come back to the city in late 2011 and early 2012, local aid groups say, and many are carting away chunks of rumble and resurrecting their bullet-riddled homes. The economic boom, fueled by an infusion of tens of millions of dollars, much of it from Somalis flocking home from overseas, is spawning thousands of jobs that are beginning to absorb young militiamen eager to get out of the killing business. Given Mogadishu’s importance to the country, it all adds up to a huge opportunity. And though Somalia has self-destructed numerous times before, many believe that this time, the country may be turning around.

The Somali shilling has been surging in value, from 33,000 shillings to the dollar in October 2011 to 20,000 in April 2012. Real estate prices are skyrocketing because of all the international organizations coming back to Mogadishu after a 20-year hiatus. The famine that swept southern Somalia in 2011 killed tens of thousands of people but also spurred new interest in this country and brought in new players like the Turks, who arrived handing out food aid and stayed to do business. In March 2012, Turkish Airlines started twice-weekly flights between Istanbul and Mogadishu.

So much of Mogadishu’s progress hinges on something basic but elusive: security. There have been improvements, but a functioning police department requires a functioning government. And that is something that Somalia has not yet achieved.

IE. F*@k pirates

read more : http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/somalia/index.html

Here is some insight into what is happening in Somalia to fix their own problems. They clearly don't need pirates (if that article is to be believed).

That sir, was a damn good find.

Enlightening read, imho.

The article quoted just indicates that the "central government" is unable to protect the coastal communities so they started doing their own thing. Once it became profitable, other players got in on it, but they're still causing less harm than the poachers/polluters. The international community didn't wanna send ships to deal with them because only Africans were starving/getting poisoned but as soon as some whites lost a few bucks, an armada formed. Since the armada's already there, why not also deal with the poachers/polluters instead of standing guard for them so they don't get disturbed?

The international community didn't wanna send ships to deal with them because only Africans were starving

How much Red Cross/OXFAM/Christian group's food and supplies destined for those starving Africans has been stolen/diverted to the black market by Somali warlords? How many Red Cross/OXFAM/Christian aid workers have been killed trying to prevent the theft? Your argument is one sided and simplistic at best.

*edit* my post got shaved. I blame the mafia

Last edited:
How much Red Cross/OXFAM/Christian group%2

Local fishermen could bring in a lot more if nobody dumped toxic waste in there, if their stocks weren't being depleted by poachers and if those poachers didn't attack legitimate fishermen by running over their boats, cutting their nets, pouring boiling water on them or shooting at'em.

Are we still debating this??? How about imposing mandatory birth control so in thirty years there ain't no more of 'em to shoot!!??

Back
Top Bottom