So this happen today. | GTAMotorcycle.com

So this happen today.

guym

bBlaf.jpg

Sigh just my luck. Somehow I didn't even see it on the road.

put a plug and you are good to go... :)

that sucks man

I ended up getting a new tire + install + the lift back to the bike shop for $200 so I can't complain. I didn't want to just plug it. I would worry to much about the plug to much(I don't know why I haven't heard of any bad stories, I just would.) So I got the new tire. Costs more but keeps my mind at ease.

Who makes "Roadrider" brand?

Maybe its a blessing in disguise that you bought a new tire. :)

Add a few more, you'll be totally ready for any winter conditions! :)

Who makes "Roadrider" brand?

Maybe its a blessing in disguise that you bought a new tire. :)

Put a set of Avon RoadRiders on my old 250, great set of tires. Also very popular on vintage (narrow tires) bikes. Will be putting a set on my KZ400 when it needs em.

My mum had a pair of Avon Storms on her Busa, 28 000 K out of em. I'm running Bridgestone Pilot Road 2's. Put 7 000 K on them since last September, they look new, other than all the dirt on them. lol

I wound up putting an Avon rear on the 250R before parttimer took it over, and was quite impressed with it. I too hadn't been familiar with the brand, and thought the same thing (the cosmetics company) but the tire offers some surprisingly good handling.

Granted my stock tire was pretty squared off and worn down at the 18,000km+ we'd changed it at, but I found the Avon much stickier in wet/slick conditions.

Put a set of Avon RoadRiders on my old 250, great set of tires. Also very popular on vintage (narrow tires) bikes. Will be putting a set on my KZ400 when it needs em.

Last fall I installed my second set of Avon Storm II Ultras on my ST1100. The first set lasted over 22k, almost double what I was getting with the OEM Bridgestone tires. These tires handle great and have fantastic wet grip.

There appears to be at least half of the tread left on that tire so it bites that you picked up that bolt. I would have the tire patched from the inside and keep it for a year or two, just in case you have another problem that cannot be repaired. Still $200 to get a new tire including the installation and a ride to the shop, not bad.

Back
Top Bottom