So I learned tonight... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I learned tonight...

We can all appreciate your passion for riding but in the snow, it's downright dangerous. You only got 2 inches at 2 points of your bike touching the ground at any given time. Emergency baking will happen, and once it does you'll be low siding. Car's cant stop to avoid you, its asking for a bad situation. Im not trying to lecture, I've ridden with you and I know you're a trooper, but think twice bro. Glad ur alright

We can all appreciate your passion for riding but in the snow, it's downright dangerous. You only got 2 inches at 2 points of your bike touching the ground at any given time. Emergency baking will happen, and once it does you'll be low siding. Car's cant stop to avoid you, its asking for a bad situation. Im not trying to lecture, I've ridden with you and I know you're a trooper, but think twice bro. Glad ur alright

The frock happened to you.
You disappeared.

lol hbd btw.

Got you on video leaving the parking lot, but missed the incident.

post it up.............BUT edit OUT the sound of us all placing bets on how far he'd get....LOL

that was a lot of snow that came down last night...way up north...

StupidIs.jpg

Emergency baking will happen, and once it does you'll be low siding.

Mmmmm, emergency baking.

I ride in sketchy weather, but I prefer to have a shot at keeping the rubber side down.

i guess i am a big baby when it comes to riding... anything under + 10 degrees i find cold on the bike..........

I rode all winter once, but that was on my enduro. DR200.
People give you seriously strange looks when you pass them in the snow!
Yea, I still had street tires, and they wern't super aggressive, but they did the trick.

I froze my balls off all winter, but damnit I had a tonn of fun! I only had one close call and that was going down a side road (I live in the country). Unplowed, and in fact there was enough snow on the road that snowmobile's were following me as well......
I hit a patch of ice under the snow doing about 40kmph. Did two 360's, and kept the bike upright. Don't ask me how! when I got my sh*t together, and took my helmet off the guys on the snowmobile's tried to make sure I was ok over the laugh's. Said it was the funniest thing they have seen. They thought I was done forsure........

Anyways......
That was when I was 17, wasn't able to drive a car by myself, and didn't think too much about being hurt......

I'm 33 now, it seems to hurt more when I do something stupid, takes me longer to heal, plus I have a job I need to be at, and a family to take care of.

Now, i'm not gonna bust your balls, but this time of year is very unpredictable unless its above zero...... even then, it can go south really quick.

Good to hear you turned around, sorry bout your bike, but yea, it could have gone far worse.

prop for you for riding in this kinda weather.. at least you still have fun with the bike, but be safe!

I never understood why people drive mustangs in the winter. Rear wheel drive and inexperience is a cool YouTube clip waiting to happen. Now I don't understand riding motorcycles in the winter. Rear wheel drive with 2 less wheels and all the experience in the world is still a cool faces of death clip waiting to happen. What ever happened to parking the bike for the winter and taking it out when the real riding weather comes?

glad to see you are okay....I can see where you are comming from

if i still had my bike I would've been tempted to ride it, out of the past decade this is THE winter in TO to ride bikes :>, makes me want to move to vancouver instead, with rain, at least there are mountains and the sea:\

Back
Top Bottom