Snow Blower Driveway test | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Snow Blower Driveway test

It seems the recommended grease for the gearbox is Lubriplate GR 132. It supposedly is self feeding so the grease keeps getting pulled back into the meshing gears rather than squeezed out. This is common with most power tools where there are reducing gears in drills and saws. Why would the 132 be different than any other HP grease? I'm having trouble finding the GR 132 in small quantities. They can order in 440 pound drums but I only need 3-4 ounces.
;) use margarine, it's only different by about one molecule.

Just incase you think I was only kidding:

Just incase you think I was only kidding:
Back in the days of RWD cars a howling differential could be quietened by shoving a bunch of bananas in it. A fews days after the quiet road test the buyer went bananas.

I just use 80wt hypoid gear oil in mine. 25 years old and just fine. But my MTD is a Canadian made unit, not Chinese.

Back in the days of RWD cars a howling differential could be quietened by shoving a bunch of bananas in it. A fews days after the quiet road test the buyer went bananas.
:unsure: how do you push a banana through a tiny differential oil fill hole

Mush it up good and a cake decorator.Hah.

:unsure: Your banana idea, ranks right up there with force feeding livestock sand and stones so they weigh more when you take them to market.

:unsure: Your banana idea, ranks right up there with force feeding livestock sand and stones so they weigh more when you take them to market.
Or pumping water into meat so it weighs more at the deli counter...seen that plenty of times.

• Wow
Reactions: LBV
Snowblower is up an running again! Thanks everyone for your help, suggestions and comments. Especially @nobbie48 !

When you take the augers off, make sure you mark which side goes where....ask me how I know! FML! Was all excited and then the blower is PUSHING the snow and puking it out the front. Had to rip it apart again.

Back
Top Bottom