Smoking E Cigarette | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smoking E Cigarette

kanabis

Site Supporter
Smoking E Cigarettes

I'v been looking into these for a month or 2 now as a way to maybe quit smoking, I seen them before but didn't understand what the hype is all about. I tried this sample from www.apolloecigs.com and i kind of liked it!. Is there any one on this forum that has any experience with these? and if so which one did you get since there is hundreds to choose from. I don't smoke alot ( a pack of cigarettes every 3-4 days unless im drinking) but still i think this " Vaping " looks alot safer then smoking cigarettes.

Last edited:
Re: Smoking E Cigarettes

I never really understood how you quit off them, Your switching one nicotine cigarette for another form of the same thing, If your trying to break the "Habit" part, these arent going to do much.
I am on the patch right now and going just over 2 weeks strong and downgraded to the next lower patch after the first week (I smoked a pack a day for 17 years). I would suggest going with the medium one if I were you. (If you get the comboquit pack you can chew nicotine gum, Lozenges, or smoke the E-cigarette)

I never really understood how you quit off them, Your switching one nicotine cigarette for another form of the same thing, If your trying to break the "Habit" part, these arent going to do much.
I am on the patch right now and going just over 2 weeks strong and downgraded to the next lower patch after the first week (I smoked a pack a day for 17 years). I would suggest going with the medium one if I were you. (If you get the comboquit pack you can chew nicotine gum, Lozenges, or smoke the E-cigarette)

In ever smoked but my mother did. She quit when they went up to thirty five cents a pack. Can you buy one cigarette for that now?
Anyway she quit cold turkey and she said the first week was rough but then no problems for about six months. Then she was with a friend and decided to have a drink and she said she had a really strong urge to have a cigarette. In her case the withdrawal was relatively fast but the habit was a year or more. While the e-cigs could wind down the withdrawal they would likely sustain the habit.
Six of my mom's seven siblings smoked and all of them also quit cold turkey in their middle age. Genetics???

sounds to me like you dont want to quit smoking..

you're just switching brands.

the best way to quit smoking, is to stop buying them, and think that this is a good way to test how weak/strong you are.
think of the smokes as the bully in your relationship. you gonna be wimp and let this bully push you around ?
might as well let everyone walk all over you.

think about that, and you can beat it.

sounds to me like you dont want to quit smoking..

you're just switching brands.

the best way to quit smoking, is to stop buying them, and think that this is a good way to test how weak/strong you are.
think of the smokes as the bully in your relationship. you gonna be wimp and let this bully push you around ?
might as well let everyone walk all over you.

think about that, and you can beat it.

I guess you've never read up on the creative chemistry used by the cigarette companies.

If anything, e-cigs will have the opposite effect and make you more addicted. The nicotine concentration can be manipulated in the formulation, so you could get more with every puff. You also can't track how much you smoke as precisely as with cigarettes since a refill of an e-cig lasts about as long as a whole pack of cigarettes. So when do you stop, and was it more or less than last time?

Also, I don't think they are illegal to smoke in public spaces, except maybe airplanes since they're "electronic devices". Of course they will be easily confused with normal cigarettes for a while so users will get the same treatment, but AFAIK they aren't covered by any law. It will be hard for them to be restricted by law anyways, since they don't cause second hand inhalation. Once people figure out what it is, it will become more socially acceptable too.

And then the price may be less than cigarettes, once the device is paid for. They aren't the target of "sin taxes" AFAIK. And since they don't cause you to inhale actual smoke, they don't damage your lungs.

So given all these differences, how will they help you quit?

Last edited:
it will be hard for them to be restricted by law anyways, since they don't cause second hand inhalation. Once people figure out what it is, it will become more socially acceptable too.

And then the price may be less than cigarettes, once the device is paid for. They aren't the target of "sin taxes" AFAIK. And since they don't cause you to inhale actual smoke, they don't damage your lungs.

So given all these differences, how will they help you quit?

Don't cause second hand inhalation? What chemicals are being exhaled?

You don't inhale actual smoke, no. What exactly are you inhaling?

Socially acceptable? I really hope not.

Buddy of mine tried one, it melted before he could get it lit, what a POS.

Don't cause second hand inhalation? What chemicals are being exhaled?

You don't inhale actual smoke, no. What exactly are you inhaling?

Socially acceptable? I really hope not.
Thats what i keep hearing that they are worst then cigaretes and i shouldent touch them because i will get addicted....this may some stupid but i'd rather be addicted to vapour and 3 chemicals in the e -cig rather then the tar + 1000 chemicals in cigarettes.

good luck. I quit a bit over 6 years ago i think. I quit using Zyban, it worked. Hopefully this works for you. I found that I had to also consciously take put alot of the habitual things I did when having a smoke. no beer for some time, as the brain associated a smoke with beer, same with coffee and I avoided places that i would be for a social smoke. smo

Not sure if the e-smokes are any help or just a gimmick, I don't think they would have worked for me

Quiting isn't easy, staying quit can be an even bigger challenge. Good luck

Last edited:
good luck. I quit a bit over 6 years ago i think. I quit using Zyban, it worked.

Three years for me and Champix plus Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking.

Champix help me quit and reading the book gave me my tag line, "it only took one to start in the first place, and it will only take one to start again.". That has helped me not even have that one that most people have then start again.

good luck. I quit a bit over 6 years ago i think. I quit using Zyban, it worked. Hopefully this works for you. I found that I had to also consciously take put alot of the habitual things I did when having a smoke. no beer for some time, as the brain associated a smoke with beer, same with coffee and I avoided places that i would be for a social smoke. smo

Not sure if the e-smokes are any help or just a gimmick, I don't think they would have worked for me

Ya quitting is easy but staying off them is hard , i'v quit when i was 22 for 2 years but now i'm back to a pack every 3 days which isnt bad some say but its still smoking!... I'm not saying i want to vape my whole life just hopefully get rid of the habit of smoking after meals or with coffe or booze .....hopefully this device will help with that.

i dont understand your point ?

Your post puts all the blame on the smoker without recognizing the extremes the cigarette companies have gone through to make their product more addictive. Everything from selective breeding of plants to added chemicals, targetting the youth etc.

Quitting should be easy, just do what I did...bought a LB of kush, and smoked it down...by the tme I was finished I completly forgot I smoked cigarettes....but damn did I have the munchies. But by the look of your sproutling, it'll be months before harvest. LOL. Ok, couldn't resist.

Truthfully though, I was a pack and a half a day smoker. Tried cold turkey and laser accupuncture and finally quit for the last 25 years with hypnosis. Yes, one session and never picked up a cigaratte since. Sure I hand cravings, but we were taught to distract our minds and hands.

Good luck in quitting.

Quitting should be easy, just do what I did...bought a LB of kush, and smoked it down...by the tme I was finished I completly forgot I smoked cigarettes....but damn did I have the munchies. But by the look of your sproutling, it'll be months before harvest. LOL. Ok, couldn't resist.

Truthfully though, I was a pack and a half a day smoker. Tried cold turkey and laser accupuncture and finally quit for the last 25 years with hypnosis. Yes, one session and never picked up a cigaratte since. Sure I hand cravings, but we were taught to distract our minds and hands.

Good luck in quitting.

Hahahahaha not my sprout ;) but no that wouldent work i smoked my self silly when i was younger all it did was make me eat like a pig!. I heard that hypnosis thing was fake but hey if you say it worked now i dont know who to believe :p

+1 for Allen Carr "The Easy Way..."
20 plus years of pack a day, tried the patch, zyban, nicorette, etc. pffft.
3 years out of "the trap".
It is nicotine you have to quit, not smoking.
Regardless if you are a pack-a-day, 2-a-day or a patch-a-day, you are still addicted to nicotine.
And all this talk of withdrawl pains/anxiety...it is bull****. When you are going through it and actually looking for it you will notice it is no worse than being incredibly hungry.

Back
Top Bottom