Small trucks that will hold a bike | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Small trucks that will hold a bike

Does anyone have a Ford Maverick yet? I’ve got an appointment on Thursday at the local Ford dealer to have a closer look and test one out. I spec’d one out and you can’t get AWD with the hybrid, but even with the normal gas motor it still gets decent fuel mileage.
I'd be curious to hear an opinion after the test drive.

They're kinda missing the boat to not have the AWD in the hybrid, in my opinion.

Now if only Toyota would build a hybrid Tacoma 4 wheel drive....

@Relax that's awesome! What did you strap it to? The hooks in the floor that hold the seats down?

I thought about doing that, but shockingly my wife won't let me.

Yup. Most of the time I stored the two middle seats in the basement and used the folding bench for rear passengers. Still had 5 passenger capacity that way, and loading cargo into the middle area was actually more convenient.

They're kinda missing the boat to not have the AWD in the hybrid, in my opinion.

I think they are intentionally missing the boat. They can sell all they make. Once demand calms down, introduce the model people want for another bump (including possibly some early adopters ready for a replacement).

Yes I saw that also! Which is weird because the Escape has that drivetrain and I know I’d be most interested in the AWD hybrid model.

Now it’s only available with the other motor.

Without the gas guzzler v6.
Yeah, I love mine but it sure is thirsty. I would have bought a 4 cylinder 4X4 extended or double cab version but they didn't have any to start with nor did they offer them with the upgraded package.

It seems my preferences for a 4 wheel drive, comfortably appointed 4 cylinder pick up fall outside the mainstream judging by all the huge dodge rams, F150's and chevy's that I see.

Can’t do the test drive today. I had an appointment for noon today and just received an email from the sales guy,

“Good morning *Katatonic,
Giving you a heads up that our Maverick that is used as a test drive vehicle has been lent out and will not be at the dealership today.
Let me know if you still want to come in at noon or if we should reschedule to another time when the vehicle can be there as well.
Thanks,
*sales guy”

You’ve known about this since Monday! And why would I still show up if I can’t even see the truck?

Can’t do the test drive today. I had an appointment for noon today and just received an email from the sales guy,

“Good morning *Katatonic,
Giving you a heads up that our Maverick that is used as a test drive vehicle has been lent out and will not be at the dealership today.
Let me know if you still want to come in at noon or if we should reschedule to another time when the vehicle can be there as well.
Thanks,
*sales guy”

You’ve known about this since Monday! And why would I still show up if I can’t even see the truck?
Well at least they told you BEFORE you showed up…so there’s that.

Probably got sent out as a loaner or for another customer this morning while their Ford is in the shop.

Buddy took his F150 to the dealer and they gave him a Lincoln SUV as a loaner for a few days as he expressed interest in trading up.

Well at least they told you BEFORE you showed up…so there’s that.

Probably got sent out as a loaner or for another customer this morning while their Ford is in the shop.

Buddy took his F150 to the dealer and they gave him a Lincoln SUV as a loaner for a few days as he expressed interest in trading up.

A Lincoln as a loaner? Not bad.
I took my new Silverado 2500 back to the dealer for some warranty work and the loaner I got was a 2014 Chevy Cruise….

A Lincoln as a loaner? Not bad.
I took my new Silverado 2500 back to the dealer for some warranty work and the loaner I got was a 2014 Chevy Cruise….
Yes, he's looking at some Lincoln SUV and as his truck was being looked at he went to the sales floor.

Looked at a few, and the guy said 'here take this one for a few days while we fix yours. See how you like it.'

So he took it. Hell I would too.

Yes, he's looking at some Lincoln SUV and as his truck was being looked at he went to the sales floor.

Looked at a few, and the guy said 'here take this one for a few days while we fix yours. See how you like it.'

That's an old sales trick. A friend with GM trucks would always get a cadillac suv loaner. VW used to give out audi loaners to try to get you to jump up. Now the VAG dealers are separate so that doesn't happen anymore.

The wife’s Civic is going in for some warranty work whenever the parts arrive. I’ll have to try that trick and see if I can get a good loaner!

The wife’s Civic is going in for some warranty work whenever the parts arrive. I’ll have to try that trick and see if I can get a good loaner!
When I was selling cars I did that for my customers. Get them my company car instead of the garbage loaners everyone else used.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom