Slowing Father Time | GTAMotorcycle.com

Slowing Father Time

ToSlow

Site Supporter
For those that are over 50, maybe 45 yrs old know what i'm talking about. How the years seem to roll past faster then when you was a young person.

What is some of the things people do to slow down time?

For those that are over 50, maybe 45 yrs old know what i'm talking about. How the years seem to roll past faster then when you was a young person.

Easy. Make each day different than the last one.

It's totally true that time goes faster for older people because 1 day out of a 50-year old's life is a much smaller slice than 1 day out of 20-year old's life.

But what makes time really speed up is when every single day is a carbon copy of the day before. It becomes so easy just to skim through all these pages, not paying attention to any of the details, until you've realized you've skimmed through years, entire books of life - unlived and unread - at your feet because you already know the plot.

Subscribed.

until you've realized you've skimmed through years, entire books of life - unlived and unread - at your feet because you already know the plot.
Hence why I maintain a running bucket list...almost scary when I slow down and think about it.
@OP - how about list out 101 things you want/wanted to do and work your way from there?

maxresdefault.jpg

quit your job
especially if you do rotational work
the years slip away while you chase $$

life for the fam goes on
while you are in a holding pattern
and get old before you know it

You can't slow down time, just try to control the way you spend it. Work hard, play hard, live hard.
Or something like that...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Time is different for different ages. It's like dog years

If you tell a four year old they have to wait two years before they get a bicycle you are talking about half their known life.

Tell a twenty year old they have to wait ten years and it's like the above, half their known life.

When you're sixty a year is nothing. You've seen sixty of them.

Leave your dog for an hour and they're happy to see you when you get back. To them you've been gone seven dog hours.

Don't act your age :cool:

quit your job
especially if you do rotational work
the years slip away while you chase $$

life for the fam goes on
while you are in a holding pattern
and get old before you know it
Can confirm. Was away for just over 2 years working that FIFO gig in BC. Sure I made good money for the time, and helped us out with renovating the house and getting rid of debt....but in the meantime...

- kids are growing
- wife got tired
- parents got WAY older
- lost contact with friends and other relatives

What's it worth? I'm glad I did it and the experience was fantastic for ME. The rest of my life and circle...they just kept moving forward. I'm back now and even though it's super tough having a normal salary we planned for this, a part of me still misses it...I slept better there without screaming toddlers! I'd probably do it again, but the way I look at it is you have to be very firm with 'I'm going from point X to point Y in time....my project was at 50% completed....1 year behind schedule. I could've milked that cow for another 2 years at least.

So true time flies over 50 . Things sped up when the kids arrived . This summer flew by .

:LOL: How would you have felt if you came home and the old man had taken up a dangerous competition motorsport
I would love it! But as he's never done anything like that in his life...I'd be concerned!

Not sure about other 'old' people here, but my dad is of the mentality / generation / background of WORK, WORK, WORK, and nothing to do...more WORK! He can't retire, and won't retire as then he'd probably die.

He asked me about buying a bike and riding with me, but I quashed that idea very fast as he hasn't ridden a bike in 50 years, reflexes are slow, and I can't support this idea as I'd feel guilty should something happen. So instead we build stuff around the house, and wood storage sheds at the cottage.

UPDATE: Shed finished, wood put in, and the entire 70-80ft tree fit in there...with some room to spare.

:unsure: might not want to let him come around here.

eat well, drink less, wear a dust mask when you should, hearing protection when you should.

pretty much everything your mom told you to do in your twenties.

time is a precious commodity.

I realize it more and more as I get older. But i don't agree it goes any "faster" its what you do with it.

Can confirm. Was away for just over 2 years working that FIFO gig in BC. Sure I made good money for the time, and helped us out with renovating the house and getting rid of debt....but in the meantime...

- kids are growing
- wife got tired
- parents got WAY older
- lost contact with friends and other relatives

What's it worth? I'm glad I did it and the experience was fantastic for ME. The rest of my life and circle...they just kept moving forward. I'm back now and even though it's super tough having a normal salary we planned for this, a part of me still misses it...I slept better there without screaming toddlers! I'd probably do it again, but the way I look at it is you have to be very firm with 'I'm going from point X to point Y in time....my project was at 50% completed....1 year behind schedule. I could've milked that cow for another 2 years at least.

Little kids and old folks change a lot in a year or two. In between, not as much.

I would love it! But as he's never done anything like that in his life...I'd be concerned!

Not sure about other 'old' people here, but my dad is of the mentality / generation / background of WORK, WORK, WORK, and nothing to do...more WORK! He can't retire, and won't retire as then he'd probably die.

He asked me about buying a bike and riding with me, but I quashed that idea very fast as he hasn't ridden a bike in 50 years, reflexes are slow, and I can't support this idea as I'd feel guilty should something happen. So instead we build stuff around the house, and wood storage sheds at the cottage.

UPDATE: Shed finished, wood put in, and the entire 70-80ft tree fit in there...with some room to spare.
Get pops a Spyder.

Back
Top Bottom