Sintered Brake Pads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sintered Brake Pads

kawi_girl

Hi everyone,

I'm changing the brake pads on my bike for the first time and I'm wondering what some good pads are out there? I was looking at sintered brake pads and was wondering if anyone's had experience using these and if they're any good.

Thanks!

EBC HH works well for me

Same here...

OEM pads tend not to wear the brake rotor as quickly as EBC HH, as they are not as agressive.

However, if you were having problems doing stoppies with oem pads, the ebc hh will take care of that for you. :p

If you can afford it, go with OEM.
As already mentioned above, the aftermarket pads wear your rotors faster than OEM.
I paid $300 for front and back. :(

I've tried both with every bike I've owned and found the OEM pads worked best.

the braking performance of the EBC HH pads is far superior on my Busa than the OEM's. Have not had to replace my rotors due to break pad wear either.

Another +1 for OEM only.....Ive tried many brands of aftermarket, and none of them were as good as OEM. For long term performance and longevity.....

OEM pads for my Dad's Burgman are ridiculously expensive...$125 per caliper on the front (2 calipers) and $55 for the rear. EBC HH is $60 for the front $30 for the rear, quite a big difference :)

Have Ferrodo's on mine and they work well, feel similar to the stock ones in braking

When the wife had her 250 ninja, i switched from factory OEM to EBC HH. She went from full fist crunch on the lever to 2 fingers. Like the others said, they do wear down the rotor but I'd prefer to stop fast than have to spend a few bucks after 40k riding.

Big fan of Ferodo's (bluestreakracing.ca) on the track, don't really like the EBC's as much, its all personal preference. On the street it probably doesn't make a big difference.

Have Ferrodo's on mine and they work well, feel similar to the stock ones in braking

Big fan of Ferodo's (bluestreakracing.ca) on the track, don't really like the EBC's as much, its all personal preference. On the street it probably doesn't make a big difference.

probably not, though i've noticed that with the Ferrodo's I can maintain 2 finger braking braking all the time while there were quite a few times on the stock pads I moved to 3 fingers to retain the same decel rate.

I'll probably never buy EBC again. Compared to Vesrahs, Ferodos and even stock, they were inconsistent.

If JohnnyP636 and reciprocity agree on a question about brakes than I'd say that's definitive. However I would say that *some* OEM pads stink, probably mostly on non-SS applications (example: the stock pads on my ZX-11 are CRAP). Currently using EBC's EPFA pads, though hard to say if they're any good or not because my master has been wonky for a while, have been meaning to replace it.

If JohnnyP636 and reciprocity agree on a question about brakes than I'd say that's definitive. However I would say that *some* OEM pads stink, probably mostly on non-SS applications (example: the stock pads on my ZX-11 are CRAP). Currently using EBC's EPFA pads, though hard to say if they're any good or not because my master has been wonky for a while, have been meaning to replace it.

I prefer the Nissin pads that are coming on the newer Kawis compared to the Tokico's that they were using pre 07ish....Either way I would take OEM of either over any aftermarket pad, even if they cost 2-3x as much...

I'll try to dig up the pics I had of EBC pads that have been through some hard braking, where the pad backing is bent into a U shape around the piston...

Im hard on brakes and for that reason only OEM can handle my needs, saving money on cheap pads doesnt really save me money. It ends up costing more because they last less then half and then also kill my rotors...

Then again Brembo is pretty good on my 09 ZX6R also, but that will cost you $1500 for the calipers before you can run their pads...

I ran Carbone Lorraine C59's on all my race bikes last year. Great initial bite with very little fading. It would make a good track day pad.

This year, I've been trying Vesrah's since I get them free. I prefered the SRJL 17's over the standard RJL's as the initial bite was much better and much stronger and I prefer this. I didn't like the SRJL XX's at all as they seemed to have very limited initial bite but tended to be very grabby towards the end of braking.

Can't comment on longevity on the street as I normally swap them after a couple of outings but there is definitly a good amount wear after 2 outings. One thing to bear in mind is that a pad like a C59 is not going to last on the street the way an OEM - its not designed to - and IMHO I think they grip better if you can keep they up to temperature.

For the street its hard to go wrong with OEM but if you want a bit of an uplift and do the odd track day, I'd look at the Vesrah RJL's.

Back
Top Bottom