Silver linings from the pandemic cloud | GTAMotorcycle.com

Silver linings from the pandemic cloud

jc100

Enough of this doom....list the silver linings. I’ll start:

1. Learned to bake a half decent loaf of bread finally.
2. My back yard is super peaceful.
3. Added a small office nook to the house so my wife and I can work from home in separate areas and realized I should have done this ages ago.
4. Eating better/healthier than I have in a long time.

Go.

Adult kids home from university to study and find work.

I am lucky to have precious time as a family.

When young I left home and never went back.

I will take the time now with my adult kids as a gift.

Before they become themselves. And I have to find time to steal from them.

1. Sitting at home ‘working’ for 2 months after 1.5 years of FIFO
2. Kids are awesome
3. Learning to build stuff (kids play set, shelving, deck)
4. Time with the wife
5. Peace and quiet
6. Increased waist size....wait what are we talking about

Sold crap out of the garage and made about $1300

there is probably more I can sell but I think it’s a successful start in decluttering

Last edited:
Because I can't really leave the house, I've spent more time with my baby daughter than I probably otherwise would have. My wife's mat leave also got extended as a result of the restrictions, so she's happy about that.

4. Eating better/healthier than I have in a long time.

True..I find it hard to believe that I havent been to Timmies ever since the lockdown in March.
And to think I thought myself reliant on their coffee everyday!
Definitely saved some $$ from having to eat at home for the most part..

was depressed when I heard gyms were shutting down,

had the foresight to snap up some dumbbells, bench and other essentials before the big rush and prices skyrocketed.

I'm stronger and in better shape now then when I went to the gym, all in the comfort and convenience of my own home! I may never go back!

True..I find it hard to believe that I havent been to Timmies ever since the lockdown in March.
And to think I thought myself reliant on their coffee everyday!
Definitely saved some $$ from having to eat at home for the most part..
My food bill has gone up.
My kids are eating all the time.
Literally.
All.
The.
Time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My food bill has gone up.
My kids are eating all the time.
Literally.
All.
The.
Time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Our food bill has also gone up considerably. First reason is I’m home so more gets eaten daily, and second reason is the reason why I’m gaining weight like a champ.

actually seeing all my friends that are working from home ... everyone has added some heft.

my grocery bill has tripled, but my restaurant bill is ZERO so I'm ahead but hundreds. litterally my monthly bar/dinner tab was 1k ish.

Have a chance to make mid week meals that we never had time for before.

I've gotten dozens of home improvement projects done, its great to see results that are tangible.

Everything in my portfolio that tanked with covid has bounced mostly back.

I'd like to make decent bread someday,

had the foresight to snap up some dumbbells, bench and other essentials before the big rush and prices skyrocketed.

Smart move!
I'm stuck with pushups, squats and 12lb dumbbells at home :'(
Definitely gong to take me 2-3 months to get back to my previous strength levels once the gyms open up.

Last I checked, 25lb-35 lb dumbbells were going for around $400-$600 or so....each!

Same. We have all increased our intake and thus our food bill. So we don't turn this thread into a negative...

I learned to make a few more dishes.
My daughter now cooks

Smart move!
Definitely gong to take me 2-3 months to get back to my previous strength levels once the gyms open up.

Last I checked, 25lb-35 lb dumbbells were going for around $400-$600 or so....each!

waterjugs are a few bucks!

Smart move!

A lot of the fitness depot locations told me they're going to be restocking soon. There's a backlog of weight equipment from the US and China due to bottlenecks along the supply chain.

If you want cheapo adjustables I've seen some of the spin lock dumbells in CT and Walmart. Not great, but they may work for your needs.

Smart move!

Problem now, thought I was future proofed with 52.5lbs max dumbbells. I'm ready to move up to 60-65 lbs, and they are sold out or ridiculously priced!

Back
Top Bottom