should I mix? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should I mix?

Took my dad for his 2nd dose today and this is what they stated on the handouts they were giving out:

"You must get the same vaccine for your second dose."

That page pretty much says the complete opposite of what the Canadian health professionals are telling us about mix and match and 2 months is ok between shots...

What’s the publication date on that handout?

Seems to be outdated info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting my shots soon

Since i'm working from home and am not in contact with many people i didnt bother going through the frenzy of trying to get the shot. If you look at the bell curve i'm probably in the latter "15%" part of it.

They're talking about letting us come to the office 2-3 times a week and i can't waiiiit but this means more exposure so i'm going to get the shots. Oh and triathlon might happen in september so another reason to get it. Wifey isn't too keen on it because she thinks the gov't frakked up (which they did) but this vaccination is world wide, it's not just our local frakked up govt doing it.

Now if we could get other countries vaccinated, that would be great.

That page pretty much says the complete opposite of what the Canadian health professionals are telling us about mix and match and 2 months is ok between shots...

That page lists what every other country in the world is still saying.

Only in Canada could a study of 600 people be used to justify Federal mismanagement of our vaccines.

Are we the only country mixing and matching?

More importantly will other countries consider us fully vaccinated if we mix and match?

Because I’ve literally got 6 family members flying out in the next few weeks to Europe as things open up and majority are Pfizer-Moderna and some are no shots as FB told them not to.

That page lists what every other country in the world is still saying.

Only in Canada could a study of 600 people be used to justify Federal mismanagement of our vaccines.
If Canada has botched things up as badly as you say they have, why are the numbers looking as good as they are?

More importantly will other countries consider us fully vaccinated if we mix and match?

Because I’ve literally got 6 family members flying out in the next few weeks to Europe as things open up and majority are Pfizer-Moderna and some are no shots as FB told them not to.

Several countries in Europe are giving a MRNA vaccine as the second dose after an AstraZeneca first dose.

No one knows how international recognition of vaccination status is going to work.

If Canada has botched things up as badly as you say they have, why are the numbers looking as good as they are?

tenor.gif

Yes with regards to mRNA vaccines, only Canada is. A good article about current research into mixing and matching.

That analogy is similar to saying "there is no global warming because it's cold today".

Our vaccine supply has been a roller coaster, and NACI has cherry picked studies that are irrelevant medically to decide the fate of Canadians so that our roll out doesn't stall and die due to lack of procurement organization.

As for "the numbers" of cases, well this time last year COVID receeded for the summer as well. And our case counts this time last year were lower then today.

Yes with regards to mRNA vaccines, only Canada is. A good article about current research into mixing and matching.

That analogy is similar to saying "there is no global warming because it's cold today".

Our vaccine supply has been a roller coaster, and NACI has cherry picked studies that are irrelevant medically to decide the fate of Canadians so that our roll out doesn't stall and die due to lack of procurement organization.

As for "the numbers" of cases, well this time last year COVID receeded for the summer as well. And our case counts this time last year were lower then today.
Ugghh. It's pointless discussing this with you.

Well if you’re right @Dimitri we will find out soon enough as numbers will climb. Which they inevitable will as the next variant takes hold.

Our work says back to work on a hybrid 3in-2out type of scenario in September. Being construction I’ll be 5in…which will suck.

Well if you’re right @Dimitri we will find out soon enough as numbers will climb. Which they inevitable will as the next variant takes hold.

This is where @Wingboy gets it wrong. It's not about numbers. It's about long term safety of the population. Cutting corners in approval processes for drugs has consistently resulted in disaster. Which is why trials every so slowly increase in length. The English speaking world's opinion on mixing vaccines...

The US? Nope.

COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable. If you received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, you should get the same product for your second shot.

The UK? Nope.

The Public Health England’s Immunisation Against Infectious Disease (The Green book) states that there is no evidence on the interchangeability of the COVID-19 vaccines although studies are underway.

New Zealand? Nope.

The COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable and there is limited data on using combinations of different vaccines.

Australia? Nope.

Yes, both Pfizer and AstraZeneca require two doses to provide the best immunity. It is important you get the same type of COVID-19 vaccine.

This is where @Wingboy gets it wrong. It's not about numbers. It's about long term safety of the population. Cutting corners in approval processes for drugs has consistently resulted in disaster. Which is why trials every so slowly increase in length. The English speaking world's opinion on mixing vaccines...

The US? Nope.

The UK? Nope.

New Zealand? Nope.

Australia? Nope.

Now you are trolling! I didn't mention any numbers regarding your previous post.
Only my disdain for more discussion with you. More trolling will have consequences for you.

Last edited:
Like transit, I wish the politicians would stay the eff out of the discussion. We’d have much better transit if politics didn’t play a part in it.

so much info and digging through it all is a task in itself.

I'm thinking of getting my shots soon

ONLY reason I decided to go ahead with it was because of a strong indication for the same from senior management @ work...didn't want to compromise my employment status in any way.
And that was after seeing a lot of close friends/family taking the shots with no side effects.
You may have little muscle soreness for 24 hours and then it subsides.

This is the the first injection I've gotten in almost 15 years...the closest thing to medication I've used was probably some disinfectant like Dettol or Hydrogen Peroxide for cuts since I was 20.

Hopefully this pandemic dies down soon because I am not a fan of needles to begin with and cannot see myself going in frequently for annual shots :-(

Now with all this talk about another variant from Peru...it looks like this is just another virus we will need to learn to live with.
Society has to return to normal soon!

I got Pfizer first, then a Moderna second dose a couple of weeks ago. I haven't turned into a crocodile or anything yet.

I do have some peace of mind in knowing that I probably won't die from COVID (fingers crossed)

I think people shopping around for vaccines and worrying this much about it will probably be viewed as silly down the line. Vaccines seem to always push buttons but I imagine the reality will be more boring. No crocodiles, no superpowers, just some immunity that works fine and is OK. I've written my take on the internet now so I can eat **** if I'm wrong and die because of my mixed vaccine

Back
Top Bottom