Should I buy out our leased car? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I buy out our leased car?

I’m pretty sure I could sell my car today for more than I bought it for….but what the hell am I gonna buy after? LoL same as the housing market! Never goes down!

Cousin called me today he saw my car being taken for a test drive. Maybe the dealer finally found a sucker to buy my WRX.

If OP is okay with another loan it could work out for him ....

Personally I wouldn't want a accident history VW since you can't run them into the ground like a Toyota

Back in 2017 we bought out our leased Acura MDX. Primary reason was that we went over the alotted kms prior to lease end.

Fast forward to 2020. Traded the MDX for a larger SUV. MDX had 300,000kms with only regular / scheduled maintenance. Ran trouble free and served its purpose.

At the time. Didnt see any issues with buying out the car. It was the best option at the time

If OP is okay with another loan it could work out for him ....

Personally I wouldn't want a accident history VW since you can't run them into the ground like a Toyota
Agreed. All comes down to personal preference.

Personally...I'm happy (and am fortunate) not to have another payment to deal with on a monthly basis. Opens up more opportunities for the cash. Whether investing, or blowing through, it's an extra $300-500 I don't need to worry about in my budget.

I'd never buy a car with a (known) accident...however...if it was MY accident and I knew how small it was. I'd prefer that over buying an unknown as the OP was contemplating.

I'll be talking to my BIL in about 2.5 years about his GTI...sweet sweet car and it may be a good time to drop the Volt. Of course at that time I'll be considering the Mach-E also as those leases will also be coming up.

Agreed. All comes down to personal preference.

Personally...I'm happy (and am fortunate) not to have another payment to deal with on a monthly basis. Opens up more opportunities for the cash. Whether investing, or blowing through, it's an extra $300-500 I don't need to worry about in my budget.

I'd never buy a car with a (known) accident...however...if it was MY accident and I knew how small it was. I'd prefer that over buying an unknown as the OP was contemplating.

I'll be talking to my BIL in about 2.5 years about his GTI...sweet sweet car and it may be a good time to drop the Volt. Of course at that time I'll be considering the Mach-E also as those leases will also be coming up.
You, me and @bigpoppa should look into a new business model. Selling/leasing vehicles to people with short attention spans for their toys.

You, me and @bigpoppa should look into a new business model. Selling/leasing vehicles to people with short attention spans for their toys.
I have a few friends that I’ve got first dibs on their stuff when they get bored. Got a barely used PS4 for free last week.

They got upset I sell their stuff for profit once I get bored so I promised to split the profit with them. LoL

you do not sell it privately....the dealer runs it through the books. You cannot sell a lease privately....you just bring them to the dealer. The equity you have is plus tax ONLY at the dealer you are running it through the books. You can do the same thing selling something privately that you do own...but most people don't know and leave a lot of cash on the table.
How do you do it on a private to private sale?

If I have a lease and its buyout is $15K but the dealer offers $17K, I now have $2k equity and $260 in tax reduction on the next car, correct?

How do you do it on a private to private sale?

If I have a lease and its buyout is $15K but the dealer offers $17K, I now have $2k equity and $260 in tax reduction on the next car, correct?
Yup that’s how it works on a trade in.

privately you have to either run through the dealer and keep the difference. Or buy it out and then sell it lien free.

At least in the US, GM and Honda are bending over their customers. I expect Canada and other manufacturers to quickly follow suit.

• If your lease of a GM vehicle is coming to an end, or if you plan to get out of your lease this year, your options have just shrunk. You're no longer able to take the best offer from anyone who's willing to buy the car. You now have to sell it back to GM.
  • Same goes for Honda and Acura. All three automakers are changing the rules at least through the end of the year.
  • Toyota is assessing the situation for its own lessees, and Ford has had a similar policy in place for years, reports
a car salesman said that original contracts all state that you have to return the car to the manufacturer or buy it out, but they'd usually help facilitate sales. For now, they've decided not to help facilitate sales.

Back
Top Bottom