Should I avoid? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I avoid?

I always wonder why a seller wouldn’t fix something like a loose or damaged floorboard

Also notice things like non-current pictures and wonder just how old the photos actually are.

The plate sticker may be a clue to the age of the photos, or perhaps indicate when the bike was last on the road.

The pictures aren’t great but to me it looks like MAR 16 but not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!
Never even thought about this.
Never even thought about the table you attached.

I see it as Mar 15
Its read lettering on a white sticker. Could read may but there is no red lettering in May

His texts don't really seem like he needs it gone. Very slow if any response.
Screenshot_20200124-131623.png

Now he could be busy working. But first text is from the 22nd.

So I call him. I get his VM while I'm leaving him a msg I get a text from him
"Can't talk, text me."
I thought I was texting him. But he is just not responding.
I will leave it on his court to follow up.

So I call him. I get his VM while I'm leaving him a msg I get a text from him
"Can't talk, text me."
I thought I was texting him. But he is just not responding.
I will leave it on his court to follow up.
It seems like he is more interested in his number than in a quick sale.

45 minutes isn’t very far. If that’s the model of bike your interested in I think it makes sense to set up a time to see it and if you like try it to work a deal out with the guy.

I agree not too far but that would be with low-moderate traffic. Rush hour would be over an hour.

But why waste both parties time (especially mine) if it doesn't meet my requirements. If it needs work done, I'll like to know that before going. I don't want to show up and see a bike that doesn't start, leaking fuel, etc.

Right now Google says it will take 58 min.

I agree not too far but that would be with low-moderate traffic. Rush hour would be over an hour.

But why waste both parties time (especially mine) if it doesn't meet my requirements. If it needs work done, I'll like to know that before going. I don't want to show up and see a bike that doesn't start, leaking fuel, etc.

Right now Google says it will take 58 min.

I’ve driven 10 hours each way to pick up a bike. If you’re not willing to travel an hour for a chance at what could turn out to be a great deal, you will be disappointed when someone else snaps it up tomorrow. You probably spent more time dwelling over the fact that he hasn’t texted you back.

You’ll never find what you want if you don’t invest the time. Worse case is you gained some experience and can walk away knowing you took a look.

I’ve driven 10 hours each way to pick up a bike. If you’re not willing to travel an hour for a chance at what could turn out to be a great deal, you will be disappointed when someone else snaps it up tomorrow. You probably spent more time dwelling over the fact that he hasn’t texted you back.

You’ll never find what you want if you don’t invest the time. Worse case is you gained some experience and can walk away knowing you took a look.

Agreeable. I did who and haw. However I did finally ask him when can I see it after the last text msg seen in the above pic. Aroun 1pm. He never responded. I called him at 2:30 and got the "Can't talk, text me". Was willing to go. Had someone to come check it out with me. But they aren't available again until Monday

Did you ask the seller a few questions and get them answered prior to driving 10 hours? Or did you just jump in the car and go with nothing but a pic and address?

Perhaps... but could also be tired of dealing with questions from too many “kijiji buyers” who have wasted his time .
haha yes I was just thinking that after I posted, and agree poster spent too much time dwelling on it and posting here then just go looking.

Is it spring yet....hibernating sucks, but makes the forum interesting... :ROFLMAO:

Agreeable. I did who and haw. However I did finally ask him when can I see it after the last text msg seen in the above pic. Aroun 1pm. He never responded. I called him at 2:30 and got the "Can't talk, text me". Was willing to go. Had someone to come check it out with me. But they aren't available again until Monday

Did you ask the seller a few questions and get them answered prior to driving 10 hours? Or did you just jump in the car and go with nothing but a pic and address?

Seller had lots of pics and details in their ad. Questions were answered but not as quick as your seller (technology was much different 10+ yrs ago). The most important request was proof of a valid clean ownership and that the bike runs.

I wouldn't overthink the purchase of an $1800 bike. They don't come much cheaper in roadworthy condition with low miles. Don't worry too much about a bike that has sat a few years, particularly midweight Yamaha cruiser.

Also, you mentioned in another thread you're a beginner -- this is the perfect size for a beginner, don't worry about it being underpowered, it does just fine - with a 200lb rider and gear it will run all day long at 140KMH on the highway without complaining.

Air cooled, shaft drive, cheap & easy to fix (even though they rarely need fixing), 60MPG when you're flogging her, cheap to insure -- what are you waiting for?

Reactions: AGS
a lot of people just get tired of "kijiji". Make an appointment to meet. And it may not be on your timetable, when I'm selling something at a deal rate, I may not roll over for a customer . He can come when it works for me and him, not just him.

Certs run out in 30?days, so I may not spend the time and money until I have a serious customer. I have given a seller a solid deposit, he gets it cert, I pick up and pay balance. Little risk on either end, its fair. If something serious and unforseen comes up in the cert process it can be negoiated. This doesnt have to be hard.

His texts don't really seem like he needs it gone. Very slow if any response.
View attachment 41683

Now he could be busy working. But first text is from the 22nd.

yup this is why face to face is best
within a few hours you went from asking for info
to telling him when and how much you're going to pay

comes across in that format as aggressive, pushy
even though you may not have intended that

when selling I ignore people that offer low balls without seeing the bike first
seller may be motivated
but just because buyers are sparse doesn't mean you can force the sale under your terms

when selling I ignore people that offer low balls without seeing the bike first
seller may be motivated
but just because buyers are sparse doesn't mean you can force the sale under your terms

This happened to me, buyer tried to force a sale. Messaged me with literally just a number, no words...when I asked what he meant he said that's all the bike is worth. It was almost half of what I was asking. Against my better judgement I replied that I wasn't in a rush to sell and thanks for the interest. He got aggressive, asked me "are you stupid? If you don't take it the bike will sit and rot". Promptly blocked him.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom