Shoei Upgrades RF1200 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shoei Upgrades RF1200

RobVN

Shoei is introducing an upgrade to the RF1200. New one is the RF1400.
Sportbike track gear review;
Looks good. He is saying solids at $499 and graphics at $599 that's US.

I love my 1200.
I wanted to get the GT-Air but the design I wanted was discontinued.

img-20180908-wa0001-jpeg.46148

Best part is how easy it is to take it all apart, clean, dry and get it ready for next year.
Super precise and you know right away if something is mis-aligned / doesnt snap into place.

Will most likely stick with Shoei my next time around as well...the wider visor still allows for nice visibility when tucked in and peeking out the upper portion of the visor.

Attachments

• IMG-20180908-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20180908-WA0001.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
I love my 1200.
I wanted to get the GT-Air but the design I wanted was discontinued.

Best part is how easy it is to take it all apart, clean, dry and get it ready for next year.
Super precise and you know right away if something is mis-aligned / doesnt snap into place.

Will most likely stick with Shoei my next time around as well...the wider visor still allows for nice visibility when tucked in and peeking out the upper portion of the visor.

Have you had any issues with the snaps? I have one side that both snaps like to come off when I remove the helmet. Happens about 70% of the time now, and I have to snap the side liners back in.

My helmet is older, probably in it's 5th or 6th year now. Love everything else about the helmet though, wind noise, comfort and fit.

Have you had any issues with the snaps? I have one side that both snaps like to come off when I remove the helmet. Happens about 70% of the time now, and I have to snap the side liners back in.

My helmet is older, probably in it's 5th or 6th year now. Love everything else about the helmet though, wind noise, comfort and fit.

Nope!
None at all - but thanks for the heads up.

This is my 3rd+ year in, will keep an eye on this just inc ase.

I opted for the AGV K6, it's way too light for it's own good. Made a big difference on day long rides.

I moved from an rf1200 to an rpha 11.

Much quieter, much lighter, comes with extra visor in the box, and far cheaper.

I've also worn HJC helmets and they fit me well.

How is the ventilation on the RHPA and the visor mechanism for both changing it out and opening it just a crack when you want a small amount of air flow?

The visor mechanism was always a weaker point for me on my HJC's, which is why I moved to Shoei. When i would open it a crack, it would constantly close shut when the wind hits it, but at the same speeds the Shoei would stay open. I also felt the visor tabs were weak and the broke pretty easily when swapping visors on the ones I had.

I looked at them, but the almost 1/2lb savings for $100 more swung me. Plus i came from a K3-SV which i really liked but wanted something more quiet, so i was on the AGV train at the time.

I've also worn HJC helmets and they fit me well.

How is the ventilation on the RHPA and the visor mechanism for both changing it out and opening it just a crack when you want a small amount of air flow?

The visor mechanism was always a weaker point for me on my HJC's, which is why I moved to Shoei. When i would open it a crack, it would constantly close shut when the wind hits it, but at the same speeds the Shoei would stay open. I also felt the visor tabs were weak and the broke pretty easily when swapping visors on the ones I had.

Ventilation is outstanding.

Shield changes are just as quick and easy as the rf1200.

The shield staying open a crack is the weak point.

Where the RF has a very tactile "click" to the opening steps, the RPHA does not, so it doesn't stay open a crack as well.

Ventilation is outstanding.

Shield changes are just as quick and easy as the rf1200.

The shield staying open a crack is the weak point.

Where the RF has a very tactile "click" to the opening steps, the RPHA does not, so it doesn't stay open a crack as well.
well, glad i didn't try one then. I have nasal polyps so i breathe through my mouth more then most. cracked visors is my jam lol.

No dropdown visor... so you'd probably want to get the photochromatic visor, which is another $300.

That one is for the RF-1200, the one for the RF-1400 isn't out yet, but I doubt it would be cheaper.

Wow $300 for a transitions visor. I had no idea those were that pricey.
I paid less for my GT-Air as a brand new helmet off someone it didn't fit, that had more money than time.

Any particular reason?
I found the quality seemed a bit underwhelming for the price point, specifically the interior (comfort). Perhaps because they aren't quite at the mfg capacity of the big boys. If the price came down a bit i'd consider one.

Not crazy about opening and closing at the centre of the face shield. Hand will be right in front of my field of vision. Also can't use my RF 1200 visors on the 1400. Very small percentage in reduce noise and small increase in aerodynamic. Anything about improved safety?

Back
Top Bottom