sharing my quotes (cbr 125, 19 y/o) for all the young beginner hopefuls out there | GTAMotorcycle.com

sharing my quotes (cbr 125, 19 y/o) for all the young beginner hopefuls out there

Pan

Not complaining at all, just giving some fellow new riders out there who's looking at a CBR 125 an idea of what quotes they are gonna probably get.

- 19 y/o
- m2 w/safety course (less than a year)
- g2 (~ 2 years)
- no tickets/accidents/etc
- 2008 CBR 125
- All quotes were obtained from actual calls, no online quotes.
- Of the given quotes (3...), they do not include extra coverages, meaning they are basic

Jevco - Denied (Must obtain license +1 year or over 21)
Wawanesa - Denied (b/c of age and driving xp)
State Farm - Didn't Bother
Riders Plus - Didn't Bother
------------------
John R. Duffy - ~3500/year (Forgot, but its 35XX)
CAA - ~8000-10,000/year (Given a range)
TD - ~2832/year
JD Smith - Denied
Holman Insurance - Denied
Dan Lawrie Insurance - Denied
Murtaugh Smith Financial - Denied
Tribute Insurance Brokers Inc. - Denied
Signature Insurance Brokers Inc - Denied
Primmum - (Apparently it's what TD uses so didn't bother calling as i called TD already)
DONNELL INSURANCE BROKERS LTD. - Denied

I gave up calling after that lol, so TD is what I'll be going with, or any help would be nice :], or wait till next year LOL QQ

Last edited:
$2832 is acceptable for your insurance on a 125? Damn im in the wrong line of work and need to make more money.

$2832 is acceptable for your insurance on a 125? Damn im in the wrong line of work and need to make more money.
naw, i'm a little bummed, and haha i'm putting everything i make this summer towards this and its enough.
but i might rethink about waiting a year and going with a 250

Thanks for saving me a lot of time calling the others. Will try TD.
NP. get back with what quote you got if you want. just curious

Last edited:
naw, i'm a little bummed, and haha i'm putting everything i make this summer towards this and its enough.
but i might rethink about waiting a year and going with a 250

NP. get back with what quote you got if you want. just curious

Will do. 20, M1 less than a year, no priors, sv650s. Will be getting my M2 with msf in a few weeks so getting a quote for that too.

I did call Jevco and they quoted me $4800 with theft and fire (M1) but since im not 21 it wasnt actually with them but some other company or something. It was a few hours ago and I was just listening for a number since I was busy at work.

Pan, try calling State Farm.

I just got the same bike as you (2008 CBR 125) insured from State Farm. I'm 27, on my M1 and I'm only paying $380 a year for full coverage. Doesn't hurt to try them out.

I love riding, but $2,832/yr is a whole lot of money for insurance. How about you do something else with your cash and wait until your premium drops? Biking is for your lifetime, so there is no rush.

The insurance companies are sending you an "in your face" message. They do not want you to ride.

I love riding, but $2,832/yr is a whole lot of money for insurance. How about you do something else with your cash and wait until your premium drops? Biking is for your lifetime, so there is no rush.

The insurance companies are sending you an "in your face" message. They do not want you to ride.

true im thinking of reconsidering, i might just sit out this season. what would be a good company to call after a year, and do they start from when you get your m1 or m2?

Pan cannot go wit State Farm because only 2 years of driving experience. State Farm wants at least 5 years (I'm hearing they increased it to 6 years.)

true im thinking of reconsidering, i might just sit out this season. what would be a good company to call after a year, and do they start from when you get your m1 or m2?

In my opinion, it is actually worth the wait. When I first started, I wanted a Nina 250 but they were going to charge me $4500+ (I forget which company) for full coverage. So I checked for a CBR 125R. I was quoted $2800 full coverage. As much as I wanted to ride, I didn't want to a ride a 125.

A couple of seasons later, I checked again. For a 250, I would be quoted $2500 full coverage by Jevco. For a 650 I was quoted $2800. I decided to opt out for the 650 instead because it was only $300 more for insurance and I got it for a cheaper price than a 250. It will be my 2nd year being licensed this coming August.

Unfortunately I insured after May 1st, when Jevco increased their premiums. I was bumped up to $3400 for full coverage. I decided to just opt out for Fire & Theft for $2710 for the year.

I say just wait it out and you'll save more in the future.

BTW..GM2, 20 years old, 2 accidents in 2008.

I just got the same bike as you (2008 CBR 125) insured from State Farm. I'm 27, on my M1 and I'm only paying $380 a year for full coverage. Doesn't hurt to try them out.

yea as rideitlikeyoustoleit said. i cant, BUT just called my broker just out of curiosity haha. but of course Denied (FA). My family has a house, 2 cars and a business insured under them.

Pan cannot go wit State Farm because only 2 years of driving experience. State Farm wants at least 5 years (I'm hearing they increased it to 6 years.)

can anyone confirm on this? if so that sucks for me. 21 on my birthday with 5 years (including g1+g2+g time). please and thanks.

When I was 19 I paid about 2400 on a 500cc with statefarm but I also had my car with them. Then 1900 for a GSX650F. Now I pay 1300 a year for a CBR600RR. Primary driver for both my car and bike and both under my name.

What are you talking about?

I'm a new rider and SF insured me. It's probably the best rate out of all of them. The only reason they would deny him is because of his age.

Thats just insane. Its your $$ and you do with it as you please.

If it was me, i wouldnt ride, im going to guess that you will only have enough money to insure one vehicle. A bike is great and all, but what about the winter? your going to drop $2800 for insurance and bus it in the winter?

I would get a car and just drive that, maybe get a track bike and take it out a few times??
I dont be being a track superstar, just a basic bike with a good set of tires and the entry fees etc..

This is what is killing the bike industry, 19 year olds cant even get a CBR125 on the road due to insurance.

Take that $2800 and go and travel or take some extra school courses or just bank it and save it and if you do it every year, by the time your 25, youll have a nice downpayment for a house/comdo.

TD, MM and Primmum might be working from under the same roof, but they do cater to slightly different crowds, and most likely will give you different quotes.

Back
Top Bottom