Seriously - 17 yr old motorcycle stolen from Driveway? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seriously - 17 yr old motorcycle stolen from Driveway?

Mor amazing is a sk3 (sv650) with a stock exhaust after 17 years

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Isnt it sv1000? Either way, very strange releasing sk3 as the identifier. Very few people would know what that is. The more conventional SVxxx would be much more useful to the average citizen.

Pic is definitely of a 1000
I’ve got a k2 with stock exhaust if anyone wants to steal it. Don’t get me wrong I love the bike but maybe it’s time to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

To be honest, it definitely doesn't look like an old bike, and some kids love the older stuff, but of course some people will steal anything just to be a$$holes.
I'm with you. They snatched it and once they get it back to the garage and realize what they have, they are going to be grumpy. I guess we should be happy that the vast majority of criminals are really really dumb.

Not that I would know anything about stealing bikes, but seems almost like there a steal to order gang of thieves out there.
Someone, somewhere, recently wrecked a SV1000.
Tomorrow they'll have a nice shiney SV1000 again and what remains of this bike will be given swimming lessons.

It is not like they are stealing to order. Bike looks nice, looks sporty, looks current to a thief, was likely an easy target.

If they are meth heads and are paid in meth they likely get the same hit of meth regardless of what bike they bring in (within reason to the dealer), dealer seels at such a markup to chop they do not care (pluss if they give them too much they might not come back...). If they are stealing to chop and sell, well they were likely slightly disappointed the day's ROI.

Maybe somebody just getting their last ride in? That seems like a picture you would take either if you just bought a bike or if you are selling it though

and no tail tidy :unsure: this thing is going to stick out like a sore thumb,
likely been painted flat black by now
or
stripped of anything that can be bolted onto the front of a chopped 1976 CB350
are there any distinguishing marks on the front forks, thinking about irradiating all of mine, that should make them easy to identify if not hazardous to a thief but the plan has draw-backs, like it is possibly illegal.

stripped for parts be my guess
frame already disposed of
What parts are of any value on a old SV the 1000 wasn't coveted to begin wilt. A shame as that one look so original and well kept.

mine got stolen on May1, 1st good day of spring this year..

To be honest, I don't have any mercy for people who do this..

Many a decent way to make a living. Bas turds!

thinking about irradiating all of mine, that should make them easy to identify if not hazardous to a thief but the plan has draw-backs, like it is possibly illegal.
It's only illegal if you get caught...bike gets stolen....someone irradiates it...'I swear officer it wasn't me putting radioactive material on my bike....crazy thieves will think up the weirdest things'...

Back
Top Bottom