Second Driver on a cbr 125r? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Second Driver on a cbr 125r?

Presuming your dad has a MC licence, regardless, what you're doing is called "Material misrepresentation".

Wrong. The kid said he will be included in the policy as a second rider. How is that material misrepresentation? Lighten up man, insurance companies are not exactly holy confession booths, don't ask, don't tell, remember that one?

Wrong. The kid said he will be included in the policy as a second rider. How is that material misrepresentation? Lighten up man, insurance companies are not exactly holy confession booths, don't ask, don't tell, remember that one?

Doesn't matter... If he does put it in his father's name.. and adds himself as a second driver.. They will pay the same rate as they would if he was the primary.
it doesn't work like it does with cars.

Material misrepresentation is the act of saying one thing to an insurance company and doing another.

So when they ask "who will be the primary rider" and he states his dad (in an effort to get a lower rate, whether it works or not) and then gets in an accident and the insurance company investigation discovers that dear old dad has never actually ridden the bike a single KM, well, yeah, he materially misrepresented the policy.

You should read about it.

Doesn't matter... If he does put it in his father's name.. and adds himself as a second driver.. They will pay the same rate as they would if he was the primary.
This is incorrect, just a heads up. Perhaps not all insurance companies are like that, with mine, there is a small difference.

I was quoted basically the exact same price when I tested the water doing that for my girlfriend who had less than a year experience on her R3, if it was in my name with her as a secondary or hers they were rating it the same

So when they ask "who will be the primary rider" and he states his dad (in an effort to get a lower rate, whether it works or not) and then gets in an accident and the insurance company investigation discovers that dear old dad has never actually ridden the bike a single KM, well, yeah, he materially misrepresented the policy.

C'mon, insurance company will never find out, tell me how they are going to prove that the Dad never rode the bike? I can claim my son crashed the 1st day I let him ride it.

If you have a hot-headed teenaged son who yearns to ride a motorcycle the best suggestion is to find him a job, then let him pay the $500 a month insurance himself and keep YOUR record clean.

C'mon, insurance company will never find out, tell me how they are going to prove that the Dad never rode the bike? I can claim my son crashed the 1st day I let him ride it.

If you have a hot-headed teenaged son who yearns to ride a motorcycle the best suggestion is to find him a job, then let him pay the $500 a month insurance himself and keep YOUR record clean.
If you have a hot-headed teenage son, the best advice is to tell him to get his head screwed on right before he gets a bike. Hot-headed teenagers and bikes often equal death.

You are wrong. Insurance companies have investigators that uncover the truth. They are better than the police at finding fraud. And the courts are not lenient with insurance fraud. How expensive a lawyer can you afford. Insurance companies have deep pockets.

You are wrong. Insurance companies have investigators that uncover the truth. They are better than the police at finding fraud. And the courts are not lenient with insurance fraud. How expensive a lawyer can you afford. Insurance companies have deep pockets.
Yup. It all depends on the size of the cheque. It it's just a few grand for a bike, peggy may be correct. If it's a million for a paralyzed pedestrian, this will be trivially easy for the insurance company to put onto the bike owner.

Nope. A close family member is an investigator for one of the biggest companies. He goes after the "somebody stole snow tires" guy with the same gusto as the industrial accident that killed someone.

I have 2 riders on my policy, my dad and I, the higher risk rider automatically gets to Primary (me, 29 yrs old), even if my dad is 60+. They don't even let you have the option to put the less expensive riders as a primary, even if my dad was riding more than me, they decide who is higher risk. So there's no choice to start with.

You are astoundingly naive.

I'd go into details but several others have already covered it.

Who can afford the better lawyers? The op or the insurance company?
Insurance companies don't like to pay out!

Exactly. When you have a legitimate policy your insurance premium also gets you top notch legal counsel. If you're dodgy the counsel goes against you.

Nope. A close family member is an investigator for one of the biggest companies. He goes after the "somebody stole snow tires" guy with the same gusto as the industrial accident that killed someone.

Well it seems they investigate tire thefts and not new bike thefts, they are not very smart.

The son is either covered.. or isn't. There is no grey area. If you listed your son on your policy.. He is covered.. If you didn't.. He is not covered.
But... If you list your son as a secondary rider... You are paying his rate.
It's pretty simple.. not sure why some have a hard time understanding.
You.. and the others on here advising to try and fraud the insurance company.. don't know enough to be advising people on the subject at all.. never-mind you're trying to advise people to break the rules.. that you don't even understand yourself.

Back
Top Bottom