Second Driver on a cbr 125r? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Second Driver on a cbr 125r?

And yea it’s a shame that I didn’t get a newer one.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Not at all.
Just think of it as a savings on insurance. Older bike, cheaper insurance. More money to put towards proper riding gear. Sneakers are not riding gear. More money to put towards riding courses.
More money to put towards gas to ride more and get more experience.
What if you end up dumping the bike. Newer bikes are more expensive to fix and harder on the ego.

Enjoy it for whats its worth and get the experience you need to move onto a bigger and newer bike.

Just to explain to everyone, my dad has a GSXR 1000 insured under his name.

Well... if it's anything like with cars, your proposed scheme is dead in the water.
Two bikes. Two riders.
So its blatantly clear to ant insurer what's going on.
You'll be principle on one.

.... Newer bikes are more expensive to fix and harder on the ego. ...

In 2011 the CBR125R was subject to a model upgrade that included larger wheel sizes and replaced the carburetor with fuel injection.

As soon as insurance Co knows that there's another M holding rider in the same address, you need to pay up to be a secondary rider.

Apparently my wife's been on my policy even though she sold her bike 2 years ago. This is with TDMM.

So if you're put under your dads policy on the cbr125, you can also ride his gsxr 1000 lol

It won't matter who registers the bike.. If you register it under your Dad.. and then add you to the policy.. It will cost the same to insure as if the bike was yours...

It won't matter who registers the bike.. If you register it under your Dad.. and then add you to the policy.. It will cost the same to insure as if the bike was yours...

Not if his dad already has motorcycle insurance, it will be a lot cheaper being secondary under him than going primary

Not if his dad already has motorcycle insurance, it will be a lot cheaper being secondary under him than going primary

Nope. Because of this below:

Well... if it's anything like with cars, your proposed scheme is dead in the water.
Two bikes. Two riders.
So its blatantly clear to ant insurer what's going on.
You'll be principle on one.

You can't have two motorcycles in one persons name with 2 M licensed riders in the house and be secondary on just one. He WILL be primary on one. Might as well just have the policy in his name to begin with as it'll be the same price anyways.

Nope. Because of this below:

You can't have two motorcycles in one persons name with 2 M licensed riders in the house and be secondary on just one. He WILL be primary on one. Might as well just have the policy in his name to begin with as it'll be the same price anyways.

I am under my parent's insurance plan, we both have full licence and it comes to be cheaper for myself(24y/o) to be together than seperate on my own. I am still primary on both insured vehicles.

Food for thought.

I am under my parent's insurance plan, we both have full licence and it comes to be cheaper for myself(24y/o) to be together than seperate on my own. I am still primary on both insured vehicles.

Food for thought.

Are you taking about bikes.. or cars?

If the OP did a search he would have found that this topic comes up about a dozen times a year with the same answers. Insurance companies can called greedy and heartless but not stupid. A 16 year old with access to a 1000 will have them freak out. There is a form 28A that for cars excludes specific drivers from using certain vehicles. I don't know if it applies to bikes.

Talk to some insurance agents. Give them the real facts. Don't hide anything if you or your dad to expect them to cover a major crash.

If you think an insurance company will have any sympathy for you check out what's happening to the innocent victims of the Yonge Street van attack. Since it was a criminal act they are washing their hands of any coverage.

Last edited:
28A does apply to bikes, I have one on my policy.

I don't know the OP or his dad, but I'm willing to bet a man that rides 1000cc and is starting his son on a 125 probably won't let him ride the big bike anyway.

Thinking about it, it's possible the insurance company insisted on the 28A to even quote the policy.

Just letting you guys know and I know I can’t say this to the insurance but just dad will never let me ride his motorcycle even if I became the next Valentino Rossi.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Well.. I gues my ins. Co is full of #### then

I "just" went through updating all my insurance.
Three cars. Three drivers.
Me. Wife. 19 year old daughter. (Second daughter, 22 attends university in vancouver)
Sure, everyone can drive any of the cars, the Vancouver kids premium is discounted 50% because really.... She's seldom actually home, but... The 19 year old is insured as primary on one of the three cars with a premium to match.
Thank goodness I have girls.

I'm trying to picture an agent trying to keep a straight face when a guy with a GSXR 1000 says I want a 125 for when I'm bored with the 1000.
I'm trying to picture the agent's face when a guy with a GSXR1000 calls to say his 16-yr-old son just got his M1 license.

I envision one of these 4 faces as suitable options:

1585782265125.png
images

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

images

Back
Top Bottom