Scotch anyone? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

I wonder who will be first to get all snooty and look down their nose at scotch costing less than $50 a bottle.

Peasants...
I have a few friends who are into bourbon.
They'll spend hundreds on a bottle.

I'm not really interested..
It all tastes like low octain gasoline to me.

Law of diminishing returns here...

Beyond a certain point the increases in perceived quality get smaller.

Law of diminishing returns here...

Beyond a certain point the increases in perceived quality get smaller.
It's kinda like those last few pounds you want to lose once you're already shredded...takes a whole lot more effort to make it happen/make a difference. You gotta develop your palate...

I prefer not developing mine and thinking my $80 bottle of scotch is the bees knees

It's kinda like those last few pounds you want to lose once you're already shredded...takes a whole lot more effort to make it happen/make a difference. You gotta develop your palate...

I prefer not developing mine and thinking my $80 bottle of scotch is the bees knees

Agreed, I'll continue to enjoy my $20 bottles of wine, and $60-80 bottles of scotch. There's something to be said for not going down rabbit holes.

It’s good stuff!
829722271fa1b0dd415392bb58a1d9a8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bowmore is on my short list

Bowmore is on my short list

Pleasantly surprised. I’m not a salt of the earth kind of guy and don’t need peat to remind me of the earth. However, this particular bottle keeps it in check and real smooth and enjoyed the smokeyness. Think they found a nice balance for this.

Nice way to end the day and very nice treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will give you an idea of where you are on the map. I like peat, and usually go with Lagavulin or Laphroaig myself. Maybe keep some Oban around for the face scrunching friends. Bowmore is is sitting on the ouside the wheelhouse.

Scotch%20chart.jpg

Last edited:
I finished teaching for the year today. Inspired me to pour a bit of Auchentoshen.
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!
eYDERvQ.jpg

I got a bottle of this last Christmas and had some more on Monday. Love it but prefer their 12yr Sherry which I also have a bottle of.
I finished teaching for the year today. Inspired me to pour a bit of Auchentoshen.
Received one of their 18yr multi-cask bottles this Christmas. I've tried all their 12yr variants and didn't much enjoy any of them but this 18yr is quite good.

Peasants...
I have a few friends who are into bourbon.
They'll spend hundreds on a bottle.

Whatever you do, don't price out Pappy Van Winkle. Their "cheap stuff" is a couple of hundred a bottle.

This guy I work with, loves Scotch and has more money than he knows what to do with so he's got quite the collection. Blows my mind how he can spend a couple grand on a bottle and describe why it's worth that much.

My palette isn't quite so developed for these fancy drinks, I'm quite content slumming it with my Jack Daniel's single barrel

Whatever you do, don't price out Pappy Van Winkle. Their "cheap stuff" is a couple of hundred a bottle.

Doesn't bother me.... What my buddies choose to blow their money on or pour down their necks is their business,,, LoL

After I signed an order for our company on a 6M USD machine years ago went out for some drinks with the company lawyer. Had a few glasses of cognac and he asked me if I liked it. Was delicious I told him....

‘good, that stuff was 100EU a glass’

my jaw dropped. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a $50 bottle and that stuff. But I was young still.

This may be a silly question.....does anyone track their tastings? Like to see if you liked it, didn’t like it, so you don’t buy it again? My memory blows so don’t want to buy ****** liqueur a second or third time.

This may be a silly question.....does anyone track their tastings? Like to see if you liked it, didn’t like it, so you don’t buy it again? My memory blows so don’t want to buy ****** liqueur a second or third time.

Scotch is like dogs. I always remember their names, and I always remember if they're gonna bite me or not.

I can’t remember my niece and nephews birthdays but I know if I’ve drunk something that’s nasty and I’ll never forget it. Funny how that works.

I remember taking Scotch drinking lessons at the local LCBO - they were a blast!

I found out the rules for Scotch are the same as wine and beer - only the first 3 need to be good, after that you might as well start saving money.

Back
Top Bottom