Sat Nov 13 Oakville Trafalgar Leighland | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sat Nov 13 Oakville Trafalgar Leighland

bakaboy

Old, Slow and Grumpy
Site Supporter
Just in case any members were the kind people who stopped to give me assistance yesterday, thank you.

So many unknown people came running to help and I will never be able to know who you are or how I can thank you.

Comforting me. Getting the car and motorcycle off of me. Covering me to stay warm until help arrived.

Thanks

Glad your good.

Care to share any details on what happened?

wow, glad your ok

On the plus side, does this mean you get an insurance check and a new bike?

Glad your good.

Care to share any details on what happened?

The day to run all the street bikes from home garage to my shop for the winter.

Last run. Last bike.

I came to a stop as the light turned red.

Picked up the car behind me slowing down. Moved attention back to other surroundings as he plowed into me.

92 year old.

He continued forward after he hit me. I got pinned under bike and bike was eventually under his wheel.

I got dragged along for awhile under the front end. His tire pushing the bike along and thus me kept me from going all the way under the front.

Pedestrians finally got him to put it in reverse and back off the bike and me.

I take it he was slowing and his foot slipped from brake onto gas.

Sorry to hear.

When I worked for the Town of Oakville, staff arranged to budget monies and install a full time camera at that intersection due to the number of accidents that were occurring. We had a lot of requests for footage from insurance companies and individuals.

Its been over ten years since I left the Town and not sure if the camera still exists but you may want to contact their Operations department to find out and if so secure your own video of your sad event.

Damn. Glad you are doing well enough to post. As steve said, collision gives you money if you are at fault, you should get a cheque for the bike (and all gear) in this case.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear.

When I worked for the Town of Oakville, staff arranged to budget monies and install a full time camera at that intersection due to the number of accidents that were occurring. We had a lot of requests for footage from insurance companies and individuals.

Its been over ten years since I left the Town and not sure if the camera still exists but you may want to contact their Operations department to find out and if so secure your own video of your sad event.
Thanks

There was dash camera footage from people who came to my aid that was given to the police.

Back
Top Bottom