Safety video | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety video

Risk getting rammed into from behind if you go too slow.

Actually in NZ and Aus your very very unlikely to be hit from behind by someone doing 20-30-50kms over the limit. The cops have cracked down on speeding and the whole culture of speeding, turning it into a public taboo over years of advertising campaigns. As you can see from this add even doing 3-8km over the limit they stomp down on you. There is a cop with a radar every few kms and hidden speed cameras everywhere.

The court system is set up to compliment this too. A police officer doesnt have to be there, his affidavit is as good as his word and a judge will always take their word over yours unless of coarse you can afford a lawyer that plays golf with the particular judge.

This all makes riding there very predictable as most people follow the road rules but also very risky if you want to speed anywhere.

Actually in NZ and Aus your very very unlikely to be hit from behind by someone doing 20-30-50kms over the limit. The cops have cracked down on speeding and the whole culture of speeding, turning it into a public taboo over years of advertising campaigns. As you can see from this add even doing 3-8km over the limit they stomp down on you. There is a cop with a radar every few kms and hidden speed cameras everywhere.

The court system is set up to compliment this too. A police officer doesnt have to be there, his affidavit is as good as his word and a judge will always take their word over yours unless of coarse you can afford a lawyer that plays golf with the particular judge.

This all makes riding there very predictable as most people follow the road rules but also very risky if you want to speed anywhere.

Ya but the problem is, this isn't NZ or AUS, this is Toronto... You get tail gated on a daily basis just by going the speed limit, Heck even +10.

Ya but the problem is, this isn't NZ or AUS, this is Toronto... You get tail gated on a daily basis just by going the speed limit, Heck even +10.

I was going 80 in a 60 today (right lane was going about 70) and still got tail gated by some ******-canoe in a Mercedes. So I slowed down to 50 and watched them rage trying to merge into the right lane to pass, once they merged I sped back up to 80 as they disappeared behind me stuck in the slow lane. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going 80 in a 60 today (right lane was going about 70) and still got tail gated by some ******-canoe in a Mercedes. So I slowed down to 50 and watched them rage trying to merge into the right lane to pass, once they merged I sped back up to 80 as they disappeared behind me stuck in the slow lane. :D

I hope you did that in a car

The add in OP is is from Australia hence the speed comments. Also I do what Matt does when I get tailgated here and I dont ride on the road here.

Um, if the guy was riding at 60 he changes his entire future.
Everything he comes up to, is later than if he was riding 68.
DAAAAAAAAA.

Wow, so you did a ******-maneuver and are proud of it! Awesome! See, if you were actually smart, you'd give a way to a faster car, because pretty much everywhere in the world the left lane is a passing lane. But yeah, be proud of yourself.

Risk getting rammed into from behind if you go too slow.

Studies show that most collisions involve the bike hitting the auto...eg. this NJ study (p.21) shows 75% - 25% ratio bike hitting autos vs autos hitting bikes. I was in 3 serious bike accidents (all at intersections) when I was in my 20's. Two were ruled the car drivers' faults but I'll always know that my driving too fast was also a contributing factor in each accident. That is the point of the video. I have to slow down at busy intersections...the fact that I had the right of way won't matter if I'm dead or in a wheelchair.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810834.pdf

Studies show that most collisions involve the bike hitting the auto...eg. this NJ study (p.21) shows 75% - 25% ratio bike hitting autos vs autos hitting bikes. I was in 3 serious bike accidents (all at intersections) when I was in my 20's. Two were ruled the car drivers' faults but I'll always know that my driving too fast was also a contributing factor in each accident. That is the point of the video. I have to slow down at busy intersections...the fact that I had the right of way won't matter if I'm dead or in a wheelchair.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810834.pdf

Does the 75% include cars pulling out infront of the rider since it counts as rider hitting vehicle.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying you shouldn't go the speed limit. Im just saying that both has risks. I usually change lanes when the car behind me is going faster than i am.

Does the 75% include cars pulling out infront of the rider since it counts as rider hitting vehicle.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying you shouldn't go the speed limit. Im just saying that both has risks. I usually change lanes when the car behind me is going faster than i am.

Yes...the bike hitting the auto doesn't suggest the biker is at fault.

Wow, so you did a ******-maneuver and are proud of it! Awesome! See, if you were actually smart, you'd give a way to a faster car, because pretty much everywhere in the world the left lane is a passing lane. But yeah, be proud of yourself.
Pretty much what I was thinking. Being proud of holding people up and causing people to try to make a move around you. Good job on making the roads that much more unsafe for the rest of us.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Being proud of holding people up and causing people to try to make a move around you. Good job on making the roads that much more unsafe for the rest of us.

I was going 20 over the speed limit and was passing people who were in the right lane at a good rate of speed (hence using the passing lane as a passing lane). If you wish for someone to move over when they are already going fast enough to get a ticket, you don't tailgate them, you flick your lights.

If you flick your lights then I'll gladly move right to let you pass at 50 over and get your car impounded, if you immediately start tailgating me I won't be so nice in return.

em4yL.gif

Also I do what Matt does when I get tailgated here and I dont ride on the road here.

At least someone else gets it

@matt220

hey man whatever you write on here some one is gonna have a beef and complain about it.

you can write that you just donated $100 to an orphanage and some a-hole on here will have a beef with it.

Back
Top Bottom