Rustproofing your car/truck | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rustproofing your car/truck

FWIW, Mustie mixes his own concoction of bar & chain oil mixed with melted toilet wax rings and swears by it. It seems to work for him but obviously is a home gamer solution as it is to annoying for a business to spray. He even painted the entire exterior of an awesome VW truck to stall the decay and preserve the patina and it looks awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have been told NOT to rustproof an X5. I have a 2005 and only one little spot above a rear wheel so far.
nothing special about X5s, imo.

I'm actually considering going with Krown on my 2017 Mustang this year. It's kind of scary to let them drill holes but at the same time, I plan to keep this car for many years.. Still didn't decide and a little bit concerned that I didn't apply any rustproofing in the previous years and now it's 3 years old car that I drive in winters..

I'm actually considering going with Krown on my 2017 Mustang this year. It's kind of scary to let them drill holes but at the same time, I plan to keep this car for many years.. Still didn't decide and a little bit concerned that I didn't apply any rustproofing in the previous years and now it's 3 years old car that I drive in winters..
Crawl under and have a look. That should give you an idea of what is going on.

My 36 year old Cutlass was undercoated at the dealer and the under coating was serviced as required for 20 years.
The old G body was known to rust out the frame, at the dog leg just behind the rear wheels and the doors.
I had to fix the frame and the doors. Scraping the under coating off made the job 10X harder.

My 36 year old Cutlass was undercoated at the dealer and the under coating was serviced as required for 20 years.
The old G body was known to rust out the frame, at the dog leg just behind the rear wheels and the doors.
I had to fix the frame and the doors. Scraping the under coating off made the job 10X harder.

What type of undercoat did you use? I’ve found better results (responses/opinions) with oil coatings vs the greasier or rubber type

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Just switched over from using Krown for years to Fluid Film this year on the truck and SUV.

Everyone has different opinions on each one, but reading about what people say about FF seems to be a better choice.
You're spraying it yourself? The stuff is damn expensive!

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

I had my SUV and van oil sprayed at Krown. They will drill holes in your frame to spray inside the panels. One thing I don't like is what I found out by chance when I change a light bulb in the tail light. They drill a hole on the vehicle behind the tail light and never put a plastic plug in. I was wondering why there are bugs in the vehicles for longest time. I even check my dads car same thing. I had to plug it up with silicon. If you had it done. Take off you tail light and check.

Back
Top Bottom