Rolling back on hills | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rolling back on hills

If anybody is not super-comfortable with the clutch and is using four fingers to operate it, try using only two fingers while leaving two fingers around the grip. It gives a much better feel of where the clutch actually is. Your shifts will become faster and will be unaffected by potholes/uneven pavement.

I would suggest learning both fine clutch control and using the rear brake. Practice your clutch control until you're good enough to not use the rear brake on hills. Then occasionally practice starting with the rear brake. It will come in handy on super steep hills.

There's no one correct way; you might as well practice more than one way and choose the most appropriate one for the situation (clutch on small hills, rear brake on super steep ones).

I would suggest learning both fine clutch control and using the rear brake. Practice your clutch control until you're good enough to not use the rear brake on hills. Then occasionally practice starting with the rear brake. It will come in handy on super steep hills.

There's no one correct way; you might as well practice more than one way and choose the most appropriate one for the situation (clutch on small hills, rear brake on super steep ones).

Good advice/suggestion and well said. (I truly don't understand why people can't give advice/suggestions without being nasty).

Edit: My driveway has a slight incline. I tried riding my motorcycle up (starting from a stop position) using the front brake and throttle only. I did stall once, but then was successful. It's a technique that definately takes practice. But I will try to remember: clutch on small hills, rear brake on steep ones.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom