Rogers Van Running Red Light! - earlier this season | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rogers Van Running Red Light! - earlier this season

UltrA_09

Site Supporter
I thought I would post up the video of what happened to me earlier this season.

The rogers van crosses through the intersection with a clear red light (red for about 4-5 seconds) without even bothering to slow down.
I'm just glad I wasn't further down the road, otherwise it could have been my last ride.

Video description:
Usually when a driver makes a mistake on the road, I just shake my head and move on; but when their mistake could have potentially cost me my life (if I was just a few meters ahead), I take it very seriously.Later that day I called the "How's my driving" phone number posted on the rear bumper of the van and spoke to management. After emailing them this video, apparently the driver was taken off the road for a month until they decide upon the consequences for such reckless driving.

[video=youtube;zLbp9PWDvmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLbp9PWDvmk[/video]

After emailing them this video, apparently the driver was taken off the road for a month until they decide upon the consequences for such reckless driving.

The consequences should be the same as if he had killed someone as a consequence of his driving (which isn't all that severe to be honest).

Good on you for reporting him but stopping in the middle of that road was probably just as dangerous. Which brings me to another lesson one could learn from this. When you allow emotions to take over when driving or riding judgement can be impaired as well.

Yep, that's my neck of the woods your riding in and like I like to call that spot on on Hurontario Kenny Loggins way (Danger zone) people in general drive like morons there. Ignoring yeild signs, pushing to get in front of you even though there's no one behind you. What kills me is that there is an O.P.P. station RIGHT THERE and is seems to be invisible to these waste of life drivers. Just look out big time when passing through there!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yup, exiting QEW westbound @ Hurontario. If only the brain cells were as numerous as the cars crammed into the area. I have no sympathy for the driver but also wonder what quotas Rogers put on their servicemen. The signage on the side of the truck makes me think they're a sub to Rogers and to make money they have to drive like cabbies. Money money money makes the world go round world go round...

I had a similar exiting QEW eastbound to the West Mall (Close to a hospital too) Dufuss jr. southbound on the West Mall pulled to the right and stopped to ask mama, auntie and uncle Dufuss where they wanted to go next. Decision made, Dufuss jr. makes a left turn from the right lane to turn onto Evans Ave, right in front of me like he was the only car on the road. Fortunately I had my spidey senses turned on.

Adders
Decades ago I was driving as a passenger with an old Polish guy and he made left turns by pulling to the right (Four lanes) stopping and crossing all three other lanes when they were clear. Apparently this was how it was taught in some countries way back when.

I have an 80 year old uncle in Manitoba and when he went for his drivers licence they asked him if he knew how to drive. He said yes and they gave him his licence.

Last edited:
how about you learn to slip the clutch a bit less? poor thing.

Good on you for reporting him but stopping in the middle of that road was probably just as dangerous. Which brings me to another lesson one could learn from this. When you allow emotions to take over when driving or riding judgement can be impaired as well.

Stopping in the middle of the road -just as dangerous as going through an intersection while facing a clear red light in the middle of the day? - I'd have to say no.

I agree that emotions definitely play a large role in your judgement, but at that particular moment, I did not feel I was in any danger, which is why I decided to do what I did...

which gps mount is that?

RAM mount for the Nuvi 500/550 series. www.gpscity.ca

how about you learn to slip the clutch a bit less? poor thing.

haha I know what you mean, not a stellar performance there, but I was a little more focused on what just happened then anything else ;)

I'm not sure whether or not you've ridden a Ninja 250, but these things can really scream!

Given that the Rogers truck just ran a red light, unless one were to assume that a whole bunch of other vehicles were running the same red light, it's a fair assumption that there isn't going to be a whole lot of traffic downstream of the intersection for a few seconds afterward - only people (legally) making the right turn. View around from the camera and also in the bike's mirrors is quite consistent with that.

Good for calling out one bad driver. Couple million more to go ...

good job reporting it.. retard didnt even realise that he ran a red light
and pleaseee stop riding that clutch on the 250 :p lol
once again good job

Back
Top Bottom