Rode a bike first time(s)! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rode a bike first time(s)!

FlashEngineer

Was really fun! Surprisingly easy, maybe because I drove manual for over 10+ years but this bike I tested was a co-worker's. A dual sport Suzuki 200cc bike, was just so cool and amazingly easy to ride.

Now just to convince the wife next year to allow me to get a little 125cc honda hehe

Awesome. Assuming you have your M1 you should now should sign up for a school course to get your M2. You can learn the basics from a friend but the courses still teach you a lot more than one single person can and you don't have to worry about if you drop your buddies bike.. lol

Awesome. Assuming you have your M1 you should now should sign up for a school course to get your M2. You can learn the basics from a friend but the courses still teach you a lot more than one single person can and you don't have to worry about if you drop your buddies bike.. lol

+1. Get your M1 and take your course asap.

Do it! Take the course. Let us know where you reside and somebody will suggest a college near you with a ministry approved motorcycle training course.

Very cool. Welcome to the addiction, er I mean world of riding.
Good luck with the wife ;)
+100 to taking the course....great course, from the very basics to simple enjoyment of the ride.

That's great! I just recently went through the same thing! Rode buddy's bike, did the Humber course, and now looking for the 125! Good luck!

Easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.
PS: good on your coworker.

eeeeezzzaactly!! One Day my wife pulled in the driveway and I was sitting on my bike! She didn't talk to me for a few days but all's good now.

eeeeezzzaactly!! One Day my wife pulled in the driveway and I was sitting on my bike! She didn't talk to me for a few days but all's good now.

LOOOOOOOOOL!!!

smart move :p

I got my licences without anyone knowing, I left my house early morning drove to Ottawa and got home at midnight with a 250 ninja in my van. Parents freaked out but guess who took it out of the van and started driving it early morning....my old man ahah :p

+1. Get your M1 and take your course asap.

+1

I got my M1 in the month of Oct. so all of the crappy winter months counted towards my 18 month waiting window between the M2 to M licenses. As soon as you have your M1 you can do a course and then wait till day 61 (from when you got the M1) and hand in your M2 upgrade paperwork to the MTO.

Kinda like me, wifey told me get something to commute on that's cheap on gas and insurance and its my choice as she wants the SUV. Came home with a CBR600 :D 35-40mpg and Ins. $850/yr.
She was not happy but is starting to love it when she can show off to her friends when she is on the back

I got my licences without anyone knowing, I left my house early morning drove to Ottawa and got home at midnight with a 250 ninja in my van. Parents freaked out but guess who took it out of the van and started driving it early morning....my old man ahah :p

LOL, that's awesome!

My folks are also gone and I'm doing a course next week. Wonder if I get a bike before they come back if I'll have the same outcome haha... :D

I told my husband I wanted my license, he didn't believe me! Got my M1, he started to worry. I did my course and got my license, he tried to guilt me. I bought a bike, he tripled my life insurance!! He keeps trying to guilt me every time he hears a news report about another motorcycle death.

I don't care, I'm doing something I've wanted to do forever!

Its easier to ask for forgivness than permission!!!

I told my husband I wanted my license, he didn't believe me! Got my M1, he started to worry. I did my course and got my license, he tried to guilt me. I bought a bike, he tripled my life insurance!! He keeps trying to guilt me every time he hears a news report about another motorcycle death.

Good for you!

It sounds a lot like what I'm going through right now with my parents. Seems like the only way to deal with guilt trips is to keep moving forward.

As soon as you have your M1 you can do a course and then wait till day 61 (from when you got the M1) and hand in your M2 upgrade paperwork to the MTO.

Handed mine in on day 60 with no problems.

LMFAO...

Rode my first bike in around 1980...

Bought my first bike in 1982 and sold it in 1985...

I asked for permission to buy the second bike in 2004.

All I got was NO..."remember crashing your brothers bike"?

Frustrated after she got a new SUV....I went to the dealership in Jan 2005 and plunked down the money for my second bike, riding gear, insurance etc...

Well **** hit the fan when my wife saw the bike...

3 days of bitching....Bla Bla Bla...#*#@^%....

All was good after taking her shopping at several malls....how many pairs of shoes does a woman really need?

Go for it - ride safe...

Sounds like upgrade season.
Kidding!

Back
Top Bottom