RIP Amy Winehouse | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIP Amy Winehouse

Yeah she is dead. I really have no sympathy for this chic, feel bad for her loved ones...but honestly who didnt see this coming?

'tis sad.

another member in the 27Forever club.

Tragic but seen coming from a mile away, Shouldn't have said no so many times to rehab

I've had too many friends die that wanted to live to feel sorry for her.

People can say what they want, but they need to remember that addiction is a disease, and refusing rehab isn't what they want, it's what the drug makes them do. An addict has to hit rock bottom before they will seek help. The unfortunate part is sometimes rock bottom is death. Unfortunately I had to learn a lot about drug addiction over the last few years. Instead of looking down on them, try and look in to them, find out who they are. They are people who have gone down the wrong road for some reason, sometimes it isn't their fault. Unlike another thread where people are trying to act all tough and say they'll do this and that to them if encountered, when we know most of them are cowards and would run and hide under their bed. It's actually rare an addict will resort to violence to get money for their fix.

RIP Amy Winehouse

SHOCKER!!!!

atleast she's at peace now

She had a few hit songs and was a pretty good performer but c'mon, she's no Jimi Hendrix. At least half of her fame was from all the stuff she did other than her music. I equate her death with that singer from Blind Melon, what's his name?

Another crack-head junkie dead, who coincidently was a celebrity. Whoop-de-freaking-doo. I think that even Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Like really? On the same day that the Norwegian massacre has occured, and this self-destructive, 20-something, self-absorbed British addict is threatening to over-shadow that true tragedy in terms of media exposure.

I see this as just one more indicative barometer of our collective misplaced priorities, in one helluva screwed up world.

I perhaps feel sorry for those that tried to throw her a rope out of the sewer that she threw herself into, but not for her. She had a far better chance, and far better resources, than 95% out there in her same sort of situation with addiction issues, with the resources and support that she had available to her. She chose to keep sucking the pipe, and jabbing the needles, instead of availing herself to the help. Live fast, die young.

Amy Winehouse, Rehab

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

I'd rather be at home with ray
I ain't got seventy days
Cause there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr Hathaway

10 weeks in rehab, vs an uncertain life-time on drugs. She chose the path that she wanted to follow, and even wrote a song about that choice.. one hell of a bad choice recorded for posterity/as an epitaph, if you should ask me..

Sorry, but i really find it hard to have much in the way of sympathy here. I'd much prefer to reserve it for situations and events, that truly deserve it.

Last edited:
Another crack-head junkie dead, who coincidently was a celebrity. Whoop-de-freaking-doo. I think that even the Late Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Like really? On the same day that the Norwegian massacre has occured, and this self-destructive, 20-something, self-absorbed British addict is threatening to over-shadow that true tragedy in terms of media exposure.

I see this as just one more indicative barometer of our collective misplaced priorities, in one helluva screwed up world.

I perhaps feel sorry for those that tried to throw her a rope out of the sewer that she threw herself into, but not for her. She had a far better chance, and far better resources, than 95% out there in her same sort of situation with addiction issues, with the resources and support that she had available to her. She chose to keep sucking the pipe, and jabbing the needles, instead of availing herself to the help. Live fast, die young.

Amy Whitehouse, Rehab

10 weeks in rehab, vs an uncertain life-time on drugs. She chose the path that she wanted to follow, and even wrote a song about that choice.. one hell of a bad choice recorded for posterity/as an epitaph, if you should ask me..

Sorry, but i really find it hard to have much in the way of sympathy here. I'd much prefer to reserve it for situations and events, that truly deserve it.

I'm pretty sure Stevie is still alive...

Jeesh,all the hate.As a father of two girls about the same age,i feel bad.Winehouse has family and friends that are grieveing right now.And her life came to an end just as Elvis and MJ's lives ended too soon.Living in the spotlight of fame with money being plentiful probably isn't as easy as we think it is.People joke about winning the lottery and living like a rock star for a month or two.Maybe it's not so great.
Rest in peace young lady.No more pain.

She had a few hit songs and was a pretty good performer but c'mon, she's no Jimi Hendrix. At least half of her fame was from all the stuff she did other than her music. I equate her death with that singer from Blind Melon, what's his name?
You're talking about Shannon Hoon. He was extremely talented. Some people may think she was better then Hendrix; not me, but you may find this hard to believe, there are people that don't or didn't like Hendrix.

Another crack-head junkie dead, who coincidently was a celebrity. Whoop-de-freaking-doo. I think that even the Late Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Amy Whitehouse, Rehab

Big surprise. I doubt you would feel sympathy for anyone in any case. When I was a kid there was this old guy that used to call the police when we would play hockey,. and if our ball would go on his front lawn he would take it, you remind me of him.

Bandit Bill;1613605... Sorry said:
Yes, there certainly are situations and events that may truly deserve your sympathy. But, someone has died. Someone with a family and friends; people who loved her.

You're talking about Shannon Hoon. He was extremely talented. Some people may think she was better then Hendrix; not me, but you may find this hard to believe, there are people that don't or didn't like Hendrix.

Big surprise. I doubt you would feel sympathy for anyone in any case. When I was a kid there was this old guy that used to call the police when we would play hockey,. and if our ball would go on his front lawn he would take it, you remind me of him.

Bitter, bitter old man.....RIP Amy Winehouse

Here's some footage from her last ever concert. A shame that noone could see her in such an awful state and not stepped in to give her the proper help she needed for her addiction. RIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttJg8901qAU

Back
Top Bottom