Rim repair in GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rim repair in GTA

budgetracing

Site Supporter
I hit a bump it the city where a manhole cover was depressed about 3-4 inches below the road and when i went over it at 50 in the dark at night my rim got bent.

Anyone know who is good at fixing these kinds of things? And please don't tell me just to get a new rim because it's easier or cheaper. The stock rim is $1110 plus tax and shipping. If i should get a new rim because this one looks like it cant be fixed i can accept that.

rim.jpg

which bike?

Getting it fix will cost some $$? vs. buy a used rim.....

Monster 696. It's kind of tough to find used rims for this bike. Like i said the new one is $1110 so if i can fix it for $300 or less i would be happy.

No it was in toronto. I plan to make a claim but i want it fixed one way or another.

Carcones in the oak ridges area did a wicked job with some car rims in years past. Bike rims are so cheap on ebay you're probably better off just replacing it.

Carcones in the oak ridges area did a wicked job with some car rims in years past. Bike rims are so cheap on ebay you're probably better off just replacing it.

Budget, this is who I've used over the years (for my cars, never done a bike) - and they do a good job of fixing dented rims. Not sure if there's a closer option in the GTA or not, but if there is, haven't seen any reviews.

Just one thing you should know, which may or may not be applicable in your situation (as I don't recall what colour Monster rims are i.e. I think they're black Marchesini...maybe?). The last set of rims I dropped off (for a car) had a polished lip with anthracite spokes. One of the rims was bent and they did a stellar job on fixing it. However...the polished lip was no longer polished (i.e. the refinishing process they had at the time couldn't polish a lip to that brilliance). I had to bring the 3 remaining wheels in order to dull (or flatten) the polished luck (more a matte/stainless steel look after the fix) to make it look like the fixed rim.

Again, this may or may not be the case these days (as the last rim I ever damaged was approximately 6 years ago...), and it's not a knock against Carcone given those guys did a fantastic job on any rims I've ever brought in - but I did want to prepare you of a "worst cast" scenario (which may or may not apply anymore given the advance of finishing techniques these days).

Ya they are a black rim and i don't really mind if the finish isn't 100% as the rotors are the main thing you look at anyways.

How much did it cost you roughly to get the rims done?

i used rim king here in toronto, 647 297 1574 only 250$ for my 1100$ new rim , i had to remove the tire, rotors and bearings,done at rosey toes and rim king is just up the street. they did a perfect job, i was quite happy with their work, they can power coat or paint back to stock colour.

Last edited:
i used rim king here in toronto, 647 297 1574 only 250$ for my 1100$ new rim , i had to remove the tire, rotors and bearings,done at rosey toes and rim king is just up the street.

Budget, my cost to repair 6+ years ago was about $150+ taxes - you'll need to give 'em a call and maybe they'll give you an estimate over the phone (I'm quoting Stewart here because that seems what a fix should go for these days, give or take a few bucks).

Carcone's
http://www.carcone.com/wheel-refinishing.html?tabID=32

Contact Info:
Carcone's Auto Recycling
1030 Bloomington Rd.
Aurora, Ontario L4G 0L7
Toll Free: 1-800-263-2022
Local: 905-773-5778
Fax: 905-773-0482

Email: information@carcone.com

P.S. You can also try Stewart's suggestion, I'm just posting here based on the services I've used in the past; your mileage may vary given the length of time since I've used these guys.

Just to give an idea of what it hit.
SAM_0432.JPG

I was thinking about it but the spacing for the rear is apparently specific to the 08-12 696 because of the distance between the swing arms. If i was to upgrade it would probably be to carbon wheels.

Back
Top Bottom