Riding Roads In/Near Parry Sound? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Roads In/Near Parry Sound?

Katatonic

Site Supporter
I’m headed to Parry Sound tomorrow with the wife to go camping for the weekend and will be bringing the bike. Where are the good roads in and around that area? We will be staying in Oastler Lake Provincial Park so the closer to there the better.

I’m headed to Parry Sound tomorrow with the wife to go camping for the weekend and will be bringing the bike. Where are the good roads in and around that area? We will be staying in Oastler Lake Provincial Park so the closer to there the better.
i like 141, 632

stones throw from all those lakes, hard to go wrong

We used to go up to the Parry Sound Sports Bike Rally years ago. They had some really great roads up there, but I don't remember them, but there were a number of them. Find at Timmies and ask the locals. I really miss that Sport Bike Rally, so much more going on there than Friday 13th in Dover.

Some of the best roads in a Ontario are within reach. Lots of options.

Very close is a loop around Lake of Bays and up Portage Road back to HWY 60.

If you have more time You can do an incredible loop linking 518 over to 400 then over to McDougald Rd and Herdville Road, to the Bunny trail, 520 to Birk Falls then south on 11 back home.
Plus many more roads south or further North.

Shane has posted many routes in this area. Here is a quick one I have created in Scenic

Last edited:
Cool - I didn't even know there was a provincial park there. What a good spot. Great suggestions so far too.
Here's a couple loops including most of the roads suggested and also a few others. Combine the two loops for a sweet full day route, especially if you check out some of the backroads on the east side of Huntsville as mentioned earlier.

This one is using the 518 and staying to the north of it: Oastler Lake Provincial Park to Oastler Lake Provincial Park
1654175377816.png

On the south side of the 518 you can also do a pretty fun loop: Oastler Lake Provincial Park to Oastler Lake Provincial Park
1654173355772.png

Attachments

• 1654173068584.png
    1654173068584.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Slummin’ it for the next few days

8fefd9e6e56bc34b37c94b0b96e64a54.jpg

We used to go up to the Parry Sound Sports Bike Rally years ago. They had some really great roads up there, but I don't remember them, but there were a number of them. Find at Timmies and ask the locals. I really miss that Sport Bike Rally, so much more going on there than Friday 13th in Dover.
Did you go when we were still camping at Foley fairground? That was great. It went downhill after the town took it over.

wwswe

do you haul your bike in that trailer?? can you share more info, i just picked up a truck and i'm looking to have a similar setup!!

Trailer is a toy hauler. This exact one, if you wanted to look it up, is a Wolf Pup 17rr.
It’s got everything I need in it with the exception of a usable shower. Put a Pit Bull TRS in it for easy loading/unloading.

2e03ccf2879bb568a8c93bf9e39195f3.jpg

d
Trailer is a toy hauler. This exact one, if you wanted to look it up, is a Wolf Pup 17rr.
It’s got everything I need in it with the exception of a usable shower. Put a Pit Bull TRS in it for easy loading/unloading.

2e03ccf2879bb568a8c93bf9e39195f3.jpg
do you think it'd be possible to fit two bikes?

Cool - I didn't even know there was a provincial park there. What a good spot. Great suggestions so far too.
Here's a couple loops including most of the roads suggested and also a few others. Combine the two loops for a sweet full day route, especially if you check out some of the backroads on the east side of Huntsville as mentioned earlier.

This one is using the 518 and staying to the north of it: Oastler Lake Provincial Park to Oastler Lake Provincial Park
View attachment 55408

On the south side of the 518 you can also do a pretty fun loop: Oastler Lake Provincial Park to Oastler Lake Provincial Park
View attachment 55406

Thanks for the suggestions. I did the majority of the second route you posted. Amazing roads!
Tomorrow I’ll explore the 3rd one you posted.
Spectacular roads up here, the best I’ve ridden in Ontario!

Thanks for the suggestions. I did the majority of the second route you posted. Amazing roads!
Tomorrow I’ll explore the 3rd one you posted.
Spectacular roads up here, the best I’ve ridden in Ontario!
Yeah and weekday riding is great up there - glad you had fun!

Back
Top Bottom