Riding during stay at home order. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding during stay at home order.

ACsurge

Do it and accept the consequences , or stay home . That’s your choice

Personally I don’t think anyone is going to stop you just for riding like a normal person.

Ride like an asshat, or in larger groups, and expect higher enforcement and additional questions during the stop.

LE barely has resources to keep up with normal crime, pulling over ransoms is not on the list of priorities IMO.

Id be more concerned about having an incident and not having space in a hospital to treat you.

I agree that police don't have the resources to make this a priority, but we all know that there are plenty of PO's who take whatever authority they have an gleefully run with it.

I'd say if you're riding alone there's less of a chance you'll be stopped, but there will be people getting stopped.

I think it more likely that police would stop a group ride than an individual out for a leisure ride. The spirit of the order is to limit and prevent contact between people that provides the opportunity for transmission of COVID-19. There is more probability that 2 or more riders in a group offers that opportunity, thus the police are more likely to exercise their option to stop the group and fine its members. An individual out on a ride can provide an reason for their trip and assurance that they won't come into contact with others. The question is whether such an explanation will be accepted by the officer and the rider released without penalty, or whether the officer will enforce the law irrespective of whether or not the rider's actions puts others at risk.

A lot of police departments are publicly stating they will not be randomly pulling people over to see where they live.
There's that random word again.
If a cop sees a family of 5 in a car he is prolly going to think, why is the whole family in the car?
People are overthinking this.

I doubt most officers are going to be keen on stopping cars and getting called a nazi for doing their job. They're going to look for crowded cars and people who are obviously not traveling for essential reasons. Like a group of riders

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Do it and accept the consequences , or stay home . That’s your choice

The consequences being having your ticket tossed because it violates the Charter if Rights and Freedoms.

The smart cops are probably shaking their heads like..... WTF?

A piss ant provincial premier doesn't have the authority to do this, but... most sheeple will just go along with and many will applaud it

The consequences being having your ticket tossed because it violates the Charter if Rights and Freedoms.

The smart cops are probably shaking their heads like..... WTF?

A piss ant provincial premier doesn't have the authority to do this, but... most sheeple will just go along with and many will applaud it
The masses are not free thinkers , explorers , entrepreneurs or adventurers . They go along to fit in and be accepted . Fear and the desire to be part of something , anything , drives their behaviour

I've supported business closures, mandatory masks, social distancing, etc etc. It didn't always make sense and I didn't always agree with the logic, but I supported it.

I will never support gestapo style "your papers, please" police powers. I'm riding.

The masses are not free thinkers , explorers , entrepreneurs or adventurers . They go along to fit in and be accepted . Fear and the desire to be part of something , anything , drives their behaviour
OR maybe what is being asked of them isn't that much to worry about, and they will just happily do it and do not believe their freedoms have been taken away. ?‍♂️

You don't have to support it, but if your stopped you'll be going along with it ......

go for a ride on your own and you'll be just fine, take 8 buddies and some Cop that's a tired of this crap as we are could make an example of you.

OR maybe what is being asked of them isn't that much to worry about, and they will just happily do it and do not believe their freedoms have been taken away. ?‍♂️
whatever works for you do it

A lot of police departments are publicly stating they will not be randomly pulling people over to see where the live.

Published Saturday, April 17, 2021 9:56AM EDT
Toronto police say they will not be performing random stops of people or vehicles under Ontario’s enhanced public health measures.
partments are publicly stating they will not be randomly pulling people over to see where they live.

Same applies here also,

Several police services have said Friday that they will not be randomly stopping people. They include Waterloo Regional Police, Peterborough Police, Guelph Police, London Police and Ottawa Police.

Add Brampton and Mississauga to the list. Police will not be stopping you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom