Rider down on the Gardiner near York | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down on the Gardiner near York

RIP.

Was driving through that stretch of the gardiner the other day and thought to myself that someone of the potholes there were seriously dangerous and could easily take someone on a bike down.. wonder if that played a roll...

Friends I ride with knew him well. They have since been very shaken and have quit riding for good. Real shame this happened, RIP man you will b missed

Last edited:
Rest in peace brother.....

this is just horrible... R.I.P. rider

+1 on potholes, especially when u first enter gardiner on West bound lakeshore!

RIP Jason... I heard of this on the weekend, then my old tenant came to my house yesterday and brought it up. He was one of his good friends, turns out my gf knew him aswell and appearently I had hung out with him before. So sad.

Jason is a friend of mine. Met him through work. Was a great guy and will be greatly missed.

I really hope the "buddies" he was with can put some insight into all this.

RIP my friend.

One of the trickiest pieces of roadway anywhere. To get out of downtown T.O try going up the Jarvis ramp, even in a car, and then merge with traffic while negotiating two curves before hitting the DVP ramp on your left. Now add a couple of really crappy road patches. RIP Jason. My condolences to his family.

All winter I wondered if those potholes/crappy patches would result in tragedy.

RIP rider. Too early for this stuff again.

Remember folks it might be fun to rip it up after a long winter layoff but the roads change over the winter and the potholes are much worse.

My condolences to the family.

I am not looking for gruesome details or to lay blame on anyone involved, but are there any details? I just think that if possible, we as a community should try to learn from the mistakes and misfortunes from others to try and make motorcycling safer for everyone.

May Jason rest in peace...very sad...sincerest condolences to family and friends.

Hey all,

I'm not a rider but Jason was family and I wanted to share some information - a couple of people have been asking for details and I wanted to share what I do know.

Jay was with 1 other rider on their way back home to pick up a car (just got UFC tix for that night) when 3 other riders came up from behind and one of them cut him off causing this to happen. The police have said witnesses came forward (plus cameras) and this is what they have told us was the cause. Who knows if the roads were also a factor, I've been on that stretch of the Gardiner a thousand times and in my car I hate it but it is impossible to say. Jason was an incredible person who deeply loved life. He touched so many people and had friends that were far reaching. Jason's funeral had over 500 people and I know a couple of his rider friends (including the one that was with him that night) have given up riding and are selling their bikes. His family is devasted by his loss and are trying to figure out how to cope. This has been by far the worst month of my life.

All I can ask is that everyone rides safe and takes the extra time to be safe.

Peace - ride safe

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom