Rider Down - Me: Steeles & Mississauga (cannot start new threads in fallen rdrs) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider Down - Me: Steeles & Mississauga (cannot start new threads in fallen rdrs)

Re: Rider Down - Me: Steeles & Mississauga (cannot start new threads in fallen rdrs)

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate this. Its great to be alive and out of all the bad weather riding I did, it was a bright sunny day that did it for me.

I did have collision. i went back to the scene to take pictures of the road. He crossed a double yellow and there were plenty of witnesses. i dont know how the insurance company can get out of this one. The fact that my whole body aches, it hard to walk, get up sit down, get in and out of my car. Its my right hand and I am right handed so it is difficult to do everything. This feels like.... well imagine never going to the gym in your life, and then going once for 8 hrs doing every single possible workout with weights far over your capabilities. I think that comes close.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Best of luck and let us know how it all turns out.

Re: Rider Down - Me: Steeles & Mississauga (cannot start new threads in fallen rdrs)

one things i would recommend, after dealing with a ****** bag driver, was make sure you are solid on the witnesses, talk to the police officer, make sure you got a few witnesses to show up in court, some will not show, so make sure you have backups...sounds like this dude has been through this before, the officer will be able to confirm. make sure the dude had insurance on that date, make sure you are solid on that ticket cause it proves him at fault and get on teh insurance company right away...write everything down while it is fresh in your mind...this guy will try and weazle his way out of this...close all the doors on him.

good luck on healing up.

The court date is not what you want to focus on. The driver will hire a lawyer and he'll plea guilty to a lesser charge, probably unsafe u-turn or lane change. There's nothing you can do about that and what would be the point anyway even if he was convicted of careless? He's not going to jail and you don't get anything out of it. What you want to focus on is the settlement with the driver's insurance company. Emphasize again and again that he could have killed or paralyzed you. This could be worth thousands for you. I suggest working out a one time lump settlement if you feel your injuries are not permanent.

Last edited:

Funny you should mention the gym. See what kind of physio you can get - find a good rehab place - and pay - well the insurance company pays - and since the accident is the other guys fault -his insurance company will pay.

I say this because of buddy of mine had an accident last year - broke his arm and didn't do the physio/rehab properly. Now we go lift weights, and his arm still hurts at the break - and he's still weak.

Take it easy - don't rush back to work, and take care of yourself without the stress of work. If you hurry back you won't recover properly.

Who tries to pull that **** when there's witnesses? Also, if he was able to see you pulling imaginary wheelies why would have have done a u-turn in front of you? What a moron.

was thinking the same thing. what a terrible person that cager is for lying like that.

OP: glad you weren't more seriously hurt.

The Insurance company will try to pay out the least amount possible. that is how they will try to "get you". unfortunately, you will have to be on your guard for it.

but if your injuries are not serious, it is in your best interest to get back to a regular life as soon as reasonably/safely possible. to drag it out weakness your body for one, and raises red flags with your insurer, employer, etc.

having said that, i died a little when i saw your gas tank. :(

As someone who has experienced the black-blue ballz of a tank-to-nads collision, glad to hear you came out of this one alive. Fondle them with love!

Bhahahahaha!!!!

Glad you are OK.

Clearly you are not at fault in this situation. Your insurance company will take care of your bike, gear, and anything else that was damaged through your DCPD coverage (with no deductible). They will also take care of everything you need to get back on your feet. Which insurance company are you with?

Hope you get better soon.

A lot of good advice from people here. Heal up and please keep us posted on the outcome. That dirtbag driver needs to pay one way or another.

dang...GWS OP.

I hurt my nuts too...couldn't even walk XD
I was seriously worried if my nuts were twisted or not...luckily they weren't and their STILL healing.

Speedy recovery! :)

Pics or it didn't happen:

249602_619248571014_227301608_4239314_3314515_n.jpg

Who tries to pull that **** when there's witnesses? Also, if he was able to see you pulling imaginary wheelies why would have have done a u-turn in front of you? What a moron.

People in brampton/mississauga try and pull this crap on a daily basis.
There's a reason people refer to it as the armpit of the GTA. I worked driving in Brampton/Mississauga for over a year, I will NEVER work out there again. Unbelievable the amount of ******** like this I saw.

Guy who caused an accident and is arguing over getting the ticket so much the cop.... puts it on his front seat? Why wasnt this guy arrested?

People in brampton/mississauga try and pull this crap on a daily basis.
There's a reason people refer to it as the armpit of the GTA. I worked driving in Brampton/Mississauga for over a year, I will NEVER work out there again. Unbelievable the amount of ******** like this I saw.

I wouldn't say 'daily', but I certainly see it quite frequently. I see someone doing a U-turn or a right turn, from the left lane, a couple of times a week. There's a reason why Brampton has the worst insurance rates, in the GTA.

A few years back my neighbours broadsided a car that did a U-turn, in an intersection, and the wife was in hospital for months. Both vehicles were written off.

Isn't there a law about lying to the police? The should charge him with that too. Throw the book at this guy!

Glad you're mostly ok. That driver deserves worse than he will get. Why do so many people insist on making u-turns in traffic? I rarely, if ever, saw this until I started driving in the GTA. I always find a side street to turn around on. Cabbies are the worst for it and always seem to expect all the traffic to just stop and wait for them to turn around.

Glad you're mostly ok. That driver deserves worse than he will get. Why do so many people insist on making u-turns in traffic? I rarely, if ever, saw this until I started driving in the GTA. I always find a side street to turn around on. Cabbies are the worst for it and always seem to expect all the traffic to just stop and wait for them to turn around.

Why do people pass in the breakdown or turn lane, swerve across 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit, or make left turns the moment that the light goes green, across the path of through traffic? The answer to all is the same; because they're self absorbed, self important, arrogant jerks who consider a few seconds of their time to be worth more than the safety of someone else.

You have balls made of Kryptonite man!

Glad you're alive, hope you heel up good and get a big pile of cash for your troubles.
All the best man. :thumbup:

Balls of STEEL!!!!!! get well soon man, and get your revenge!!! Glad my camera is coming in today :)

I'm sure buddy didn't see you and it was a legitimate accident, but at least own up to your mistake and don't try and blame it on the person that YOU just ****ed up. what a total *******. dude deserves to get a nice punch to the face.

lol I can post an actual picture. Just called a lawyer, waiting for claims to call back. We'll see what happens.

dang...GWS OP.

I hurt my nuts too...couldn't even walk XD
I was seriously worried if my nuts were twisted or not...luckily they weren't and their STILL healing.

Speedy recovery! :)

Pics or it didn't happen:

Back
Top Bottom