Rider Choice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider Choice

Ikan

As is the case anywhere I am reminded, always do your own due diligence and do not solely rely on the sales people behind the counter without asking 3 times! They may be well intended but...

My case: after weeks of contemplating laying out the significant cash for a pair of Daytona Evo Sport GTX boot ($599 + tax), having driving a distance to try on the boots at the store more than once and at the TO bike show, and having asked the price each time, I pay for them in advance to have them ordered.

A couple weeks later I phone to see if they are on the ship from Germany yet = no. And I am told that they priced them incorrectly and that they GTX (Gore-Tech waterproof model) is an extra $85!!!

Make my day!

demand your money back, with interest and never go back there again, before they put the price up again.

exactly, say not my problem, they messed up and its not your problem, they entered into the contract to give you the boots for $599 so they have to stick to it.
if they say you cant have them till we get the extra $85. say i wouldnt have bought them if they were that expensive and demand your money back,
$685 plus tax is WAY too much for a pair of boots regardless of how good they are.

So you were able to try them on, yet are waiting on a pair from Germany? I don't understand.

So you were able to try them on, yet are waiting on a pair from Germany? I don't understand.

I see your point.

I tried on the non-Gore Tech (non-waterproof) model. They did not have the Gore-Tech ones in stock.

A couple weeks later I phone to see if they are on the ship from Germany yet = no. And I am told that they priced them incorrectly and that they GTX (Gore-Tech waterproof model) is an extra $85!!!

Accountability and responsibility lies with the one who made the mistake. If this is exactly how it happened, I would hope that RC would think about the impact asking for the $85 has. Avoiding a negative thread on a forum that is surely going to be followed by other 'why I don't shop at RC' posts. Worth more than $85 to me. But then again, I am big enough to admit when I make a mistake and eat my errors.

Accountability and responsibility lies with the one who made the mistake. If this is exactly how it happened, I would hope that RC would think about the impact asking for the $85 has. Avoiding a negative thread on a forum that is surely going to be followed by other 'why I don't shop at RC' posts. Worth more than $85 to me. But then again, I am big enough to admit when I make a mistake and eat my errors.

Thanx for the thoughts from everyone.

And yes I did see the price as listed on their computer screen at the store, saying Gore Tex.

Via my initiated phone call (to just check up on how the order shipping was proceeding) I was told the owner, John?, told Rui, the nice guy I am dealing with that the Gore Tex are $85 more, sometime after I paid for and the boots had been ordered.
The order was placed on-line while I was standing there.

Have a great day everyone. We'll see what happens going forward. No riding for a couple months yet for me (weather and salty roads dictating when).

Yup this sounds like an RC move very typical, I had it done to me twice with them but I wouldn't allow a third time hence this is why I never returned back, and to boot he doesn't do refunds lmao, we bought a stand there one we knew wouldn't fit but was convinced by John it would, we took it home and no way in hell would it fit without cracking my fairing, we took it back for hin to say it does fit bit luckily the same bike was in the back and my husband said let me show you and as it was going up and he knew it would crack the fairing John shouted no no don't do it, really WTf but crack mine right ??? And he then proceeded to say sorry I have to give you a credit note, ******** shady business that's my 2 cents and that's just a tiny bit of my story believe me it gets worse.

exactly, say not my problem, they messed up and its not your problem, they entered into the contract to give you the boots for $599 so they have to stick to it.
if they say you cant have them till we get the extra $85. say i wouldnt have bought them if they were that expensive and demand your money back,
$685 plus tax is WAY too much for a pair of boots regardless of how good they are.
Actually that is not a bad price for Daytona's but the orginal price should be stuck to. To bad you can't get them anywhere else RC is a gong show at times.

Doesn't take much to jump on the hate train... If you don't want to pay for the extra $85 then don't buy the boots. Im sure it wasn't done on purpose. Human error. Im sure John isn't going home with that extra $85 and putting it in his retirement jar.

Doesn't take much to jump on the hate train... If you don't want to pay for the extra $85 then don't buy the boots. Im sure it wasn't done on purpose. Human error. Im sure John isn't going home with that extra $85 and putting it in his retirement jar.

Its not about jumping on "the hate train", its about doing the right thing. if the OP is giving us the straight goods then the right thing is to honour the price and move on. Just as the $85 won't make him the king, it won't kill him either.

Human error, like you said. When you make a mistake, you pay for it and move on.

If RC was going to take a bath on it, then yeah, its time for a heart to heart with the customer. In this case, it's a haircut at best.

I believe it is not intentional.
Rui said he had not ordered the Gore Tex before as most people get the none Gore version which is what they stock. So who ever entered the price into their computer appears to have made an error. Not the 1st time this has happened in the retail world for sure.

As some one said, $85 is not going to kill either one of us.
This is my 1st dealing with them & simply am presenting a transaction thst has an unfortunate twist (for both sides).

Ps.
Life is too short. I do not make up sh**! Errors happen. Incompetence is another thing (which is not this, well except for maybe the price data entry person. Lol).

Last edited:
I hope you work it out. RC are good ppl to deal with, and I'm sure there's a good reason you went with them in the first place... Good lucj

I hope you work it out. RC are good ppl to deal with, and I'm sure there's a good reason you went with them in the first place... Good lucj

Ya they have been good everytime I have been in the showroom.

I went there because I knew of no other place that sold the Daytona boots in this part of Canada.

Old man McBride allowed me to exchange a helmet THREE WEEKS after I purchased it. He didn't make a fuss about the tags being cut off, and didn't rush me while I tried on four other helmets over and hour and a half till I found the one that fit perfectly. Sure, he won't give you a refund, but he cut 30 bucks off the price of a pair of Rev'it gauntlet gloves and said "call it even" when I wanted to spend the remainder of my store credit. Sure, he's a little crusty, but he's been more than fair to me.

Honest mistakes happen.

Old man McBride allowed me to exchange a helmet THREE WEEKS after I purchased it. He didn't make a fuss about the tags being cut off, and didn't rush me while I tried on four other helmets over and hour and a half till I found the one that fit perfectly. Sure, he won't give you a refund, but he cut 30 bucks off the price of a pair of Rev'it gauntlet gloves and said "call it even" when I wanted to spend the remainder of my store credit. Sure, he's a little crusty, but he's been more than fair to me.

Honest mistakes happen.

Ever wonder if your three week old helmet was put back on the shelf as brand new?

I've had mixed experiences with RC. I got dicked around by the old man a few ties, but the younger sales gentleman was great and really spent time explaining things.

Ever wonder if your three week old helmet was put back on the shelf as brand new?

I'm sure you're right. And I know others have had miserable experiences at RC. I just wanted to offer some balance to the discussion. That said, I too would choose other places to get my bike serviced, and I purchased all the rest of my gear online. The prices are often significantly better even with shipping.

This kind of behaviour is no surprise, it's Riders Choice! Soon they won't have anyone to **** around.

Back
Top Bottom