replacing factory battery | GTAMotorcycle.com

replacing factory battery

nikos1965

Should I be calling the dealership for a replacement battery purchase or should I be looking elsewhere? Anybody have any recommendations for me. I know a place called ACME battery in Hamilton but last time years ago was not too impressed. Yuasa battery good reputation but expensive.

Are you asking where to buy a battery, or where to get it installed? For hardware, you can't go wrong with Yuasa, which is the last battery I bought. GP Bikes had a sale and in conjunction with no tax, it was hard to resist compared to "lesser" brands. You could also try Walmart - I've used their car batteries with good luck, just check the warranty if you care about that.

Saskbatt is good too.

Personally I’m willing to pony up a few extra bucks on an item replaced every 5 years or more if I’m in a rush. If not look around and there are plenty of options

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Yuasa seems to have raised their prices ridiculously over the last couple of years for whatever reason.
Check out Interstate (made by Yuasa) - your local auto parts store should be able to provide. They come with a one year warranty.

In my experience, as far as longevity and CCA, the brand of the battery is secondary to how it's been maintained.

I've had Yuasa batteries fail prematurely due to too many deep discharges (mea culpa), and cheaper brands that were half the cost last just as long as more expensive batteries because they were always on a tender when stored and never allowed to sulfate.

Best battery we ever used was a cheap (price-wise) Italian battery "Unibat". It was less than half the cost of a comparable Yuasa. Installed around 2015 and is still going strong for the new owner.

Just ordered two Yuasa conventional batteries and acid from F9 for my old girls. Riding season is fast approaching .

It’s always a good sign when the ducks arrive each year

View attachment 54285

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered my Yuasa batteries from Pete's Superbike. They had a good price and delivery was 1 - 2 days.

So far, knock wood, never had a Yuasa die young, 8 - 9 years of life when using a tender on a regular basis.

Usually order with tires and the battery is wrapped up in the middle, so no extra freight cost.

Don't be stupid, go with Yuasa.
If you believe your bike is worth keeping.

I try to buy the best battery I can justify that fits the application. I want to enjoy my toy, not wonder if I bought the right CAA card.
Its the cost of being reliable.

Back
Top Bottom