REDNECK racing at Grand Bend. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

REDNECK racing at Grand Bend.

It is equally impossible to say with 100% certainty that an asteroid won't strike the earth tomorrow, etc.

To go along with that analogy, if there were a 0.0001% chance of the asteroid hitting the earth, and we could move it, we would.

After racing at GBM, I honestly can say it felt safe. Only some small improvements are needed, and are already in the works as Ken stated. Looking forward to next round. Good work SOAR and GBM!

No dog in this fight - I'm a dragracer and have raced at GBM since 1995 - but you'll have to go a long way to find better track mgt. than at GBM as far as treating racers well and being concerned for your safety and your having fun. BTW, a plane landing laterally above your head at the turnaround for the dragstrip is quite unique. The SWOOP guys have entertained us for years including one crash into the cornfield north of the track.

:cool:
Agree totally ... but this past weekend forced a decision to be made between RACE, SOAR, and VRRA all on the same weekend. If you go by number of entries and number of participants, I betcha the VRRA won!

170+ racers, many with multiple bikes. Are we the wiener? Do we get a prize? Both RACE and SOAR need to work around the VRRA Mosport date, it's not flexible, determined mainly by the track.

Grand Bend track looks fun...

No dog in this fight - I'm a dragracer and have raced at GBM since 1995 - but you'll have to go a long way to find better track mgt. than at GBM as far as treating racers well and being concerned for your safety and your having fun.

This is the key. Everything I hear about the management suggests they are very good.

For the opening of a new track it seems they've done pretty well, no more, no less. But it is only a start. The important thing is that the future is very promising for GBM because they seem to have their act together

Best video yet! The reaction from nasty bump #1 was at 0:57 and nasty bump #2 at 1:21 and the latter one is a lot worse closer to the inside.

170+ racers, many with multiple bikes. Are we the wiener?

On both number of entries and number of riders ... by far!

Do we get a prize?

I'll buy you a timbit

Both RACE and SOAR need to work around the VRRA Mosport date, it's not flexible, determined mainly by the track.

In fairness, the weekend before and after are both nationals. The VRRA Mosport date has to be a weekend adjacent to the National Mosport date to avoid duplicating the significant costs of hay-bale placement for that track (and that's why there are a bunch of track days at Mosport that are all around this same time). This is an issue that Grand Bend won't have ...

Grand Bend track looks fun...

It is. It's not Mosport ... but it's a fun layout.

Loved Grand Bend - Did some practicing on it this past weekend.:laughing8: Management was there, listening to feedback/concerns anyone had. I didn't find the issues listed in this thread to be a concern, and whatever small ones will be dealt with promptly, I'm sure.
As Ken said already, they want us there and it shows. When the track owner is out there sweeping, it's a cool thing in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to Round 5 in September!!!

Get it done as promised and do nothing but constantly improve it and still after three weeks people expect BRNO. Wow.

Pls leave my home Brno alone ... LOL Are you referring to the Brno track which is part of the MotoGP calendar??

It can be done. Just need to change the config a little as the way we ran it, would have the runoff of a higher speed section directly in line with the pits (near where the endurance pits were) IMO. If we shortened the track, and used the infield section it would be a lot safer. The track is pretty much a blank canvas right now for configurations.

Would really be nice to let the carousel have the remaining rubber from my front tire on the other side.

Airplanes taking off sounds awesome to me, anybody offering skydiving? Motorcycles, sexy beaches, airplanes, skydiving, good friends... sounds like paradise. Maybe we can get one of the pilots to film some races. :)

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

I look forward to seeing this track when its all said and done. To have a track in Grand Bend is great! Its a fun town and soon will attact some crowds to watch moto racing.

Back
Top Bottom