Red Light ticket ouch! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Red Light ticket ouch!

sburns

Hey gang, yup I got tagged for running a red. :rolleyes:

Was on the bike too, when I got home from going to Algonquin. Just a bit tired and lazy and missed it.
Was close to home as well. Didn't even realize they had a camera system at this intersection.

Anyhow I need to deal with this pretty soon as I'm not sure when I got it in the mail and it appears I need to act within 15 days.
What have you all done, just pay move on, there are some options there. Can I delay payment.

BTW the fine is $325! I haven't had a ticket for anything in years, parking, speeding or otherwise.

The yellow light is a great indicator that the red is shortly to follow.

Hey gang, yup I got tagged for running a red. :rolleyes:

Was on the bike too, when I got home from going to Algonquin. Just a bit tired and lazy and missed it.
Was close to home as well. Didn't even realize they had a camera system at this intersection.

Anyhow I need to deal with this pretty soon as I'm not sure when I got it in the mail and it appears I need to act within 15 days.
What have you all done, just pay move on, there are some options there. Can I delay payment.

BTW the fine is $325! I haven't had a ticket for anything in years, parking, speeding or otherwise.
I would pay it and hope I learned my lesson. If you go to court and plead poor, you may be able to get a fine reduction or more time. IIRC, they aren't really into doing this and normally just convict with full fine (maybe time is easier than reduction in dollars). If you go to court though, I would be really worried that the ticket gets attached to your license and you get the insurance hit. That would suck.

The yellow light is a great indicator that the red is shortly to follow.
Haha! Oh I know, but I was tired on the return, and basically so close to home I was being lazy and didn't "judge" the light correctly.

I say don't pay and go on the run from the law.
Or just pay it and move on...
Very tempting.... I could start a YT channel on this, they'll never find me that way!

I say don't pay and go on the run from the law.
Or just pay it and move on...
@bigpoppa style with a trip toward Mexico!?

As for your criminal activities @sburns I'd just pay it and go on with your life. Unless there's a car right beside you in the photo and you can try to argue it's the car that triggered it.

Last edited:
All we know is you high tailed it out of town to go south...for all I know it was to escape a red light camera ticket...
Mental note for next time, if you're gonna hightail it to mexico, best to leave super early, the temps get mighty hot the further south you go.

**** im already planning my next ride now.

big-lebowski.gif

Be careful if/when paying it online. paytickets.ca is a dogshit website, I had to hunt down a human to straighten out a bungled transaction

Whatever you do, don't inform them that you were tired or otherwise impaired when you ran the red.

Got one at Torbram and Queen a few years ago, at 5am. Had rained and wet roads (my mind's excuse at the time) but I could have made the stop. Roads were empty of traffic at that time, very stale yellow, scanned all directions, ok to proceed. FLASH Damn! No idea there was a cam there. Sure enough, on the way back later there were very visible signs stating Red Light cam in use, never noticed them before that. Waited for a couple of weeks and sure enough a ticket shows up in the mail. Nice picture too. Figured $75 was a decent lesson. $350 I think plus 'victim surcharge' or whatever it was called. Came to $395 as I recall. I paid. I knew I was guilty and I dont fight things when I know I deserve it.

btw, I mailed a cheque. That paytickets website looked a little dodgy to me at the time.

Back
Top Bottom