Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 202 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

a few of the remaining D-Day survivors were interviewed about the opening landing sequence in Saving Private Ryan and said it was the closest to reality.
Band of Brothers was insanely good as well. The war weariness at the end was heartbreaking.
If I didn’t have two brats under two taking up my to me I’d watch B of B start to finish this Remembrance Day. Watched it 6ish times now and love it.

Starting this ...looking forward to it
Millie Bobbie Brown is a force of nature, multimillionaire and is producing these movies....she's all of 18 !!

Mad fun and do watch the credits.
Loosely based on a true story as well and certainly sets the stage for more.......93% on RT critics.
I thought perhaps a stretch too far but she tied it up neatly.....even the diversity.
Helen Bonham Carter is a hoot......mad woman.

Last edited:
I seem to be hitting movies the critics don't like but the audience does.
Rewatched this one last night as nothing new intrigued me.

Morbius on Disney wasn't very good (and the powers really don't make sense). Saw it through to the end though (mostly).

All Quiet On The Western Front, it's 2.5hrs long and the first 1.5hrs is quite good. Thing is they could easily make it a 2hr movie or a 5hr movie but they should have gone with the 2hr version because because much of the last hour drags on.

Rewatched this one last night as nothing new intrigued me.

Morbius on Disney wasn't very good (and the powers really don't make sense). Saw it through to the end though (mostly).

All Quiet On The Western Front, it's 2.5hrs long and the first 1.5hrs is quite good. Thing is they could easily make it a 2hr movie or a 5hr movie but they should have gone with the 2hr version because because much of the last hour drags on.
Despite really disliking Leto's style (and the crap he's done to co-stars in the past), I gave "Morbius" a shot. I can't remember if I made this comment here before but the only emotional content from Leto in this movie came from CGI. Literally. Terrible stuff that brought nothing new to either comic book adaptations, nor vampire films.

Squeeze has been cleaning out cupboards so we're going through the VHS and DVDs. Watch then chuck or donate.
Recently watched:
"Mystic River" bunch of A list actors couldn't save that film.
"The assasination of Robert Nixon" Sean Penn play the lead well but I wouldn't watch it again or recommend it either.

Decided to go back in time a bit. I ordered English dubs of "Kung Fu Hustle" and "The Killer." The first has already arrived. Waiting for the second, so that I can watch them one after the other. For those who don't know "The Killer" is a 1989 John Woo, Hong Kong based action film. The first scene has all the guns. ALL. THE. GUNS. It stars Chow Yun Fat.

And "Kung Fu Hustle" is iconic. It's a Kung Fu comedy, from 2004. I saw it in a theatre when it had its Canadian release. It's essentially a mix of any meme you might have seen in a Wuxia movie, crossed with Looney Tunes.

I think Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow are better, myself. And yeah, half the budgets were spent on ammo.

Watching “Amsterdam” now…

It’s a bit slow at times, but the cast and story line are fantastic. Recommend.

So was at least 36 hours with perhaps 2-3 hours sleep coming from tropical Australia but some enjoyable movies.....mostly mildly tear jerker like August Rush ...I really liked the cast, the audience loved it on RT but critics sniffed.
[youtube]

[youtube]
An adaptation of the book which is fascinating and true. Might have to re-read it and Chris Hemsworth and Tom Holland well cast amongst others.
[youtube]
[youtube]

Decided to go back in time a bit. I ordered English dubs of "Kung Fu Hustle" and "The Killer." The first has already arrived. Waiting for the second, so that I can watch them one after the other. For those who don't know "The Killer" is a 1989 John Woo, Hong Kong based action film. The first scene has all the guns. ALL. THE. GUNS. It stars Chow Yun Fat.

And "Kung Fu Hustle" is iconic. It's a Kung Fu comedy, from 2004. I saw it in a theatre when it had its Canadian release. It's essentially a mix of any meme you might have seen in a Wuxia movie, crossed with Looney Tunes.
Kung Fu Hustle and Shaulin Soccer are on my re-watch list every once in a while. KFH is just fun, funny and overall awesome.

Watched Photographer of Mauthausen. Having been to the camp and climbed the "death stairs" in person made quite a difference. Sorry about the bold

Watching now - good reviews

this was mentioned in one review and if it's in the same class then looking forward to it.
Meru is magic.

I love climbing movies - Into Thin Air is stunning....so is the book.

I'm going to rewatch this classic:
Five%2BDeadly%2BVenoms.jpg

^ I never paid attention to Kung Fu movies, but I feel I missed out. I will check that one out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom