Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 144 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Muck. It sucks...but you won't be able to take your eyes off it :)

From half-ish of the first trailer, not worth wasting any of my unlimited bandwidth on.

New Spider-Man was great. If you like what Marvel has done up to this point I think you will like Far From Home. A great movie to follow End Game. Deals with some of the aftermath of End Game while creating a fun and enjoyable story for Peter Parker.

Watched Shazam recently, was ok. Nothing to special mostly forgettable. Wasn't really that funny to me which I expected it to me more of.
The third Act is interesting when the family comes together.

Also started to get into Hellboy 2019 version... whoa meh...only watched about 30 min's, but doesn't even come close to the previous versions, why did they even bother.

Gen X. The first trailer for Top Gun: Maverick is out.

The final trailer for It: Chapter Two is out (Stephen King). I saw part one in theaters and it did not disappoint
smile.gif

Bohemian Rhapsody as mentioned here is very good. Worth the watch and it was an Academy Award winning best actor performance from Rami Malek. To think I was plugging Mr. Robot here a few years back
clap2.gif

Gone Girl is back in a bit of rotation on my cable channels and it's worth watching.

The Big Short is the same and an amazing movie (and cast). I watched it again twice over two days. A depressingly true crazy story from the world today. Highly recommended.

The 16 Shots (the documentary on Laquan McDonald in Chicago was worth the watch.

I saw Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald again; first saw it in theatres. The prequel world building and story telling is worth it to me. YMMV.

Watched Shazam recently, was ok. Nothing to special mostly forgettable. Wasn't really that funny to me which I expected it to me more of.
The third Act is interesting when the family comes together.

Also started to get into Hellboy 2019 version... whoa meh...only watched about 30 min's, but doesn't even come close to the previous versions, why did they even bother.

Shazam was a big let down. I thought it would be a lot more fun and interesting but it failed in every way. Main character is very meh and there is nothing about him that makes you think he is "worthy" to be shazam other then losing his mom when he is young. No outstanding character traits.

Hellboy was horrible, I liked the last 2 movies and thought they could only improve, boy was I wrong. Just awful and worth avoiding.

We watched Top Gun. Funny how time affects things. We told our kids how great it was.

It doesn’t hold up.

We are definitely looking forward to the sequel as trailer was recently released. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and taking the tarp off the bike made me smile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We watched Top Gun. Funny how time affects things. We told our kids how great it was.

It doesn’t hold up.

We are definitely looking forward to the sequel as trailer was recently released. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and taking the tarp off the bike made me smile.

Don't read Gizmodo's article Everything Wrong With the New Top Gun, then.

It doesn’t hold up.

Really I am surprised buy this. Such a good movie, what about it didn't hold up?

Really I am surprised buy this. Such a good movie, what about it didn't hold up?

The editing, dialog, scene sequencing, and even the plot/story. It was just hard to watch. It reminded me of a bad 8o’s sitcom.

I can re-watch many movies and enjoy them. I held Top Gun in high regard but, never sat down to watch the whole movie in years.

I think I was holding onto the nostalgia and memories from back in the day and when I watched it recently, it fell flat.

Bit of a bummer actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robin Hood (2018) - It's horrid. They tried to do a Matrix/Italian Job mashup and it got messed up along the way.

Avengers Endgame - didn't hold my attention like part 1. Found myself surfing kijiji deals then looking back at the screen like oh we're here now. May rewatch it in a year or two.

John Wick 3 - It's good. I like 1 and 2 better but it's still a fun watch.

Robin Hood (2018) - It's horrid. They tried to do a Matrix/Italian Job mashup and it got messed up along the way.

Avengers Endgame - didn't hold my attention like part 1. Found myself surfing kijiji deals then looking back at the screen like oh we're here now. May rewatch it in a year or two.

Agreed Avengers Endgame was a bit poky compared to the first part. But a decent enough ending to a long run.

John Wick.. haven't seen 3 yet will someday at home, just barely entertaining.

Robin Hood was a complete disaster. Not sure why they think modernizing these classic stories will work, it rarely does. I think of the latest Arthur movie which was another piece of horrible cinema.

I really liked Endgame, saw it in the theatre and it held me the entire time. Thought a great end to the 10 years of movies and characters they have developed.

Have not seen John Wick 3, I can only hope it is more like the first one. I hated the second one, was fun for the action, and really that is all there is, the first one was just more enjoyable to me, maybe the simpler plot and less about this world they are trying to expand on in 2.

Robin Hood was a complete disaster. Not sure why they think modernizing these classic stories will work, it rarely does.

Only (sort of) modernized period piece I can think of that worked was A Knight's Tale. The whole cast was good, Paul Bettany especially.

John Wick 3. Here’s a summary:

Bang, bang...pew pew pew....bang bang. Swoosh. Bang. Boom.

Lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom