Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 170 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

was looking this, trying to figure out if that "big dude" in the "thumbnail-pic-thingy" was Russell Crow...was like can't be...he's doubled in size.
He wore a "Fat Suit" to shoot this one - lol. Looks like he has gained a few pounds though. His face/neck looked bloated.

Recently watched Enola Holmes - Just meh, too much talking to the camera (4th wall), and kiddish humour only goes so far. I dozed off at one point, didn't feel I missed anything... :ROFLMAO:

Mississippi Burning again last nite. Powerful performances.

Just watched coming 2 America on Amazon.

Pretty disappointing in a bad Adam Sandler film way, I like Eddie Murphy usually and was pumped to watch the movie after listening to Arsenio Hall on Howard Stern this week.

Just watched coming 2 America on Amazon.

Pretty disappointing in a bad Adam Sandler film way, I like Eddie Murphy usually and was pumped to watch the movie after listening to Arsenio Hall on Howard Stern this week.
Damit! I am just going to get into that movie tonight. I was looking forward to it as well. But have to admit after seeing the second trailer I was noticing some possible redflags. :( Going to go with it anyway.

Damit! I am just going to get into that movie tonight. I was looking forward to it as well. But have to admit after seeing the second trailer I was noticing some possible redflags. :( Going to go with it anyway.

It's not amazing, but watchable with some good moments. The parts with Wesley Snipes were hilarious and Teyana Taylor is ?

It's not amazing, but watchable with some good moments. The parts with Wesley Snipes were hilarious and Teyana Taylor is ?
So I watched maybe half way through Coming to America 2 last night, before I fell asleep :rolleyes:
From what I saw it was just ok, really lacked the charm, and kinda felt cheaply made movie (limited sets, and writing, lack of style)
I'll watch the rest later on hopefully the momentum builds up, but will say Leslie Jones really does nothing for me I was happy she left SNL.

Couldn't wait for Unhinged to end.
Also watched the latest Sniper: Assassin movie on Prime and it was pretty bad as well (in the same way as the last Rambo movie).
The Map of Tiny Little Things was kinda cute. We enjoyed it.
Palm Springs was also really good.

So I watched maybe half way through Coming to America 2 last night, before I fell asleep :rolleyes:
From what I saw it was just ok, really lacked the charm, and kinda felt cheaply made movie (limited sets, and writing, lack of style)
I'll watch the rest later on hopefully the momentum builds up, but will say Leslie Jones really does nothing for me I was happy she left SNL.
As a sequel it's really not that bad, especially when you realize that "Zamunda" is Georgia :ROFLMAO:

Seems like this belongs here, so...

One of my friends from out west and two of his film making buddies started a Youtube channel, not long ago, called "Your Lame Friends." One of the things that they do is pick a fairly well known movie on Prime, use the "recommended" list to choose another random and obscure movie, then watch and critique it with sometimes hilarious results. They watch 'em, so you don't have to ;) They even got a shout-out from Tom Arnold. Why? They don't know.

This is their latest video.

Last edited:
Final Score on Amazon Prime. Dave Bautista in a Die Hard like action movie. Really good with some subtle comedy too.
Thanks I'll give it a watch. I really enjoyed the last one I watched with him in it with the uber driver driving him around while he was somewhat blinded.

As a sequel it's really not that bad, especially when you realize that "Zamunda" is Georgia :ROFLMAO:
I feel they did zero character development with the new characters. It all felt rushed with just a couple of funny moments. The original was a classic, the sequel will be forgotten.

Final Score on Amazon Prime. Dave Bautista in a Die Hard like action movie. Really good with some subtle comedy too.
He was also in a movie called "Bushwick", in 2017, that was quite good. Sort of a Red Dawnesque film, that's really frightening in the light of today's political climate in the US. Can't remember if it was Netflix or Prime where I saw it.

He was also in a movie called "Bushwick", in 2017, that was quite good. Sort of a Red Dawnesque film, that's really frightening in the light of today's political climate in the US. Can't remember if it was Netflix or Prime where I saw it.
more for the watchlist!

Justice League - Snyder Cut - pass.

Just a 4 hour dumpster fire, extended crappy scene and filler, some of it doesn't make sense actually. How this guy is allowed to keep making movies is beyond believe.

Justice League - Snyder Cut - pass.

Just a 4 hour dumpster fire, extended crappy scene and filler, some of it doesn't make sense actually. How this guy is allowed to keep making movies is beyond believe.
Haven't seen it yet and probably won't, because I'm not signing up to another streaming service just for that. Film making friends who have seen it have much the same opinion as you and it seems like the only fun they had was in pointing out the lazy set dressing (dropping of hints) and screwed up CGI (How the Parademons look). The editors hate how the film is cut together. One complaint was that he lets scenes go on to long and just die.

Back
Top Bottom