Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 167 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I haven't watch a movie in months, just not much desire and lack of interesting titles. TV Shows seem to be where it's at. But there are some good one listed here.
The Platform

I watched “The Way” on Amazon Prime with Martin Sheen. Charming movie...that’s the best word for it. It’s a nice story. Good watch for a little escapism. If there was one downside it’s that I suspect there’s a little overt catholic propaganda in there (the film deals with a pilgrimage walk) but it’s not too bad. Martin Sheen loses his son (played by real life son Emilio Estevez) on the Camino de Santiago and decides to complete the walk when he goes to pick up his body. Some good characters in the film.

Last edited:
Mosul on Netflix is really good. It’s subtitled in English. Story (based on a true story) about an Iraqi police SWAT team hitting back at ISIS in the city of Mosul. It’s pretty raw at times but is really well done.

watched the LGBTQ Xmas movie
mainly because I think the 2 female leads are hot
was a ho-hum RomCom with no edginess
nice to see that gay people suffer the same BS as straight people

watched the LGBTQ Xmas movie
mainly because I think the 2 female leads are hot
was a ho-hum RomCom with no edginess
nice to see that gay people suffer the same BS as straight people
The "Why are you in the closet?" joke, alone, gives me reason not to bother with it.

Re-watched Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure (1989), after watching the new release I wanted to revisit it.
Good 80's cheese, but more likeable characters, then the new version. Excellent sound track. Mostly holds up, except one scene were they hug and yell out something rather discriminatory by today's standards.

Soul - Unbelievably good, can't gather the words to say how good it is.

WonderWoman84 - don't bother.

I couldn't even get past the 1st act (about and hour in) then switch it off. Intro starts off weak, with a false accusation with some kinda message/lesson wrapped in there. Then further drops with lame action sequences (in the mall) with childish characters, and revealing a hooky plot. On top of this nonsense is some badly executed FX. Some of the worse green screen, I almost gagged when I saw the part of her running in the car action scene.

I couldn't even get past the 1st act (about and hour in) then switch it off. Intro starts off weak, with a false accusation with some kinda message/lesson wrapped in there. Then further drops with lame action sequences (in the mall) with childish characters, and revealing a hooky plot. On top of this nonsense is some badly executed FX. Some of the worse green screen, I almost gagged when I saw the part of her running in the car action scene.

QFT

$200m is what it cost to make WW1984. I think they spent about $150m too much. Worst movie I have watched in quite a while.

$200m is what it cost to make WW1984. I think they spent about $150m too much. Worst movie I have watched in quite a while.
but...but...but...it has a message of Hope...according to Gal. Did you happen to see it??? What was it???

but...but...but...it has a message of Hope...according to Gal. Did you happen to see it??? What was it???

Even Marshall McLuhan would have trouble with it.

Been hearing bad things from people whose opinions I trust. Maybe I'll watch it when it hits a streaming service. Maybe. Two months?

Been hearing bad things from people whose opinions I trust. Maybe I'll watch it when it hits a streaming service. Maybe. Two months?
2 months? You could pay to stream it on Amazon Friday morning. I had a good clean 8 gig RARBG copy by 2 Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

*sigh*

I have been so looking forward to this movie. I enjoyed the first one - except for the hokey super villain at the end.

This one was so disappointing. Tone was all over the place and the story was sad and the dialog was hokey. Villain in this one was... Monkey's Paw?!?

I looked up who did the story and screenplay for the first movie and it's a different team than WW84. People pan Zach Snyder all the time, but he's a way better writer than Patty Jenkins, who should stick to just directing. Snyder has a pretty focused vision for his movies and if you don't compare his vision of the DCEU to the MCU, it's a pretty good take on the comics.

Call me old school...but I think Lynda Carter still got it lol.

wonder-woman-lead-1608324474.jpg

The mid-credits scene was a nice nod to her role in the past!!

Back
Top Bottom