Racer5 2022 Schedule | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 2022 Schedule

Took the course this weekend and it was so much fun even though I injured my back beforehand. Highly recommended for anyone who is thinking about improving their skills and hasn't done this type of a course before. I still don't have any interest in riding on the track as a hobby, but I would enroll in similar follow up courses every year or two, because of the value they provide to overall skill development.

There were newer riders there (less than 5 years experience) who were comfortable with riding on the street & competent with the technique to ride a motorcycle safely, and other students who had been riding for decades over a variety of bikes and surfaces. It seems like everyone there walked away with improved knowledge and technique to keep them safer on the streets and possibly start riding track more often. Slower people could go slow and faster people had opportunities to open it up as the weekend progressed.

The 125's were really good for the purpose and were surprisingly a lot of fun, considering that I have never ridden one like that before. The techniques learned will translate very well to larger displacement bikes and styles. The instructors were great, the structure well organized and the weekend had just the right balance between instruction and practice time. Riding behind the instructors to watch their lines while moving at a fun pace and then having them follow me to provide feedback will definitely help me on my next Deals Gap attack:)

And I even got to watch drag racing on Saturday night and got to meet some famous people from GTAM!

@shanekingsley that's awesome. I did Racer5 for the first time in 2018 (started riding street in 2016) - had a blast that first weekend and every time I've been back since. At the time, as a relatively new rider, I wasn't sure which direction to take the hobby. Tried Sunday morning rides, group rides, daily commute, long distance, dirt bikes, track riding to get a feel for all and figure out which appealed to me the most - ended up at the track more and more afterwards - and pretty much the only place I ride now. If it weren't for Racer5, being as approachable as it is, starting on the 125s, the format, the instructors etc, I probably wouldn't be enjoying the hobby as much as I do now - forever grateful to all the people that made it happen and keep it going.

Back
Top Bottom