Racer5 2022 Schedule | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 2022 Schedule

I am looking for hotel for my Jun3-5th - what are the best options in terms of hotels/motels nearby?
Not a big fan of camping (sleeping on the ground :)), so it's a last resort option for me..
Alex, Make a post on Soar FB you might find someone wanting to go halves.

Stayed at Pine dale motor inn in the past, no issues.

I am looking for hotel for my Jun3-5th - what are the best options in terms of hotels/motels nearby?
Not a big fan of camping (sleeping on the ground :)), so it's a last resort option for me..
We have to still figure this out too. Let me know if you find a good motel - there's 3 of us coming for the same weekend and undecided if we will motel it or Air BnB or what, I have no idea...

We have to still figure this out too. Let me know if you find a good motel - there's 3 of us coming for the same weekend and undecided if we will motel it or Air BnB or what, I have no idea...
My friend has rented a cabin when he comes to the track for himself and his pit crew, so I'll find out where/who it is. Might be a good option

This is the place

Last edited:
My friend has rented a cabin when he comes to the track for himself and his pit crew, so I'll find out where/who it is. Might be a good option

This is the place
Thank you very much!
We just booked ourselves in there:)

Alex, you should try to join up with Shane, you guys will get on like a house on fire.

I pulled my back in a pretty big way last weekend and was hoping it would get better over the week, but it's getting worse. I signed up with 2 buddies and they are still going, but there's a good chance can't do it this weekend, since I can't even sit or stand and haven't been at work all week.

I'm still optimistic I can go and at least listen to the classroom session and watch and learn from others if I can't ride, but there's still a chance I can't even sit in a car to get to Grand Bend in the first place

Is it possible for me to sell my spot to someone for a super deal on such short notice before this weekend?

It would be a shame for my spot to go to complete waste and I can always sign up for another weekend when I'm not in agony.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I was looking at the intro program. I’ve been riding street for a year, but rode dirt bikes for years as a kid. I consider myself a competent and safe road rider but would love to begin pushing myself on a track.

I really just have two questions:
1) what’s the skill level for the intro program ? Are these guys who drag knees on the road but have never done a track day, or are there newer riders ?
2) I have heard just one track day is exhausting. What’s three days in a row going to be like?

Thanks !

The pace of the intro program is very controlled and is approachable by just about everyone. There are lots of new riders. I think when I did my course there was a guy who had just started riding a couple of weeks before.

Bad technique will make a day exhausting, but three days isn't too bad if you work on good technique. For me, the key was figuring out that in a turn my weight should be carried mostly on the inner thigh of my outside leg against the tank, rather than putting all my weight through my inner leg into the inside peg. Literally hanging from the tank, so to speak, with minimal pressure on the bars or on the inner peg. If you try to support most of your weight on the inner peg your quads and patellar tendon will be screaming in pain after the first day.

Lowering your body more horizontally also helps. If you shift your butt from one side of the bike to the other when your chest and head are down horizontal to the tank, you're basically just lifting the weight of your lower half, instead of your entire body weight. Sort of like the MX 'attack position', if you're familiar with that.

I pulled my back in a pretty big way last weekend and was hoping it would get better over the week, but it's getting worse. I signed up with 2 buddies and they are still going, but there's a good chance can't do it this weekend, since I can't even sit or stand and haven't been at work all week.

I'm still optimistic I can go and at least listen to the classroom session and watch and learn from others if I can't ride, but there's still a chance I can't even sit in a car to get to Grand Bend in the first place

Is it possible for me to sell my spot to someone for a super deal on such short notice before this weekend?

It would be a shame for my spot to go to complete waste and I can always sign up for another weekend when I'm not in agony.
Thoughts?
Sucks about your back.

There was another student who just dropped out so best to message Racer5 and see if they can find a replacement rider. I'm not 100% sure on their policy.

Sucks about your back.

There was another student who just dropped out so best to message Racer5 and see if they can find a replacement rider. I'm not 100% sure on their policy.
Thanks. I did email them to see about any options or even me just coming to watch/learn if I can do the drive, so we'll see what happens.
Just waiting for them to reply back:)

I was looking at the intro program. I’ve been riding street for a year, but rode dirt bikes for years as a kid. I consider myself a competent and safe road rider but would love to begin pushing myself on a track.

I really just have two questions:
1) what’s the skill level for the intro program ? Are these guys who drag knees on the road but have never done a track day, or are there newer riders ?
2) I have heard just one track day is exhausting. What’s three days in a row going to be like?

Thanks !

1. I've taken the Racer 5 Day 1 Intro program and it is definitely beginner level. Nobody is dragging any knees at the beginning. Even if you can drag a knee before the course, for most of the day, you are following the instructor single file and the speeds they are going are too slow to drag a knee.

2. This is just my opinion, but if you have the option, space out your courses over a long period of time, and try to get some track days in between courses so you can absorb and practice what you've just learned.

I haven't taken the Racer Day 2 and 3, so I'm not sure if they're geared that way, but I did take Fast Phase 1-3, and for me, I waited 4-years between Phase 1 and 2, where I did 10-15 track days a season. I took Phase 2 with my buddy who was doing all three phases in one weekend, and he just couldn't absorb the Phase 2 material because he was still getting used to the racing line and being smooth on the throttle and brakes. Meanwhile, all the stuff in Phase 2 made a lot more sense to me and significantly lowered my lap times because I was able to focus on the new material and not try to remember and practice the beginner-level stuff, which would have been taught less than 24 hours ago.

1. I've taken the Racer 5 Day 1 Intro program and it is definitely beginner level. Nobody is dragging any knees at the beginning.

2. This is just my opinion, but if you have the option, space out your courses over a long period of time, and try to get some track days in between courses so you can absorb and practice what you've just learned.

I haven't taken the Racer Day 2 and 3, so I'm not sure if they're geared that way, but I did take Fast Phase 1-3, and there was a 4-year span between Phase 1 and 2, where I did 10-15 track days a season. I took Phase 2 with my buddy who was doing all three phases in one weekend, and he just couldn't absorb the Phase 2 material because he was still getting used to the racing line and being smooth on the throttle and brakes. Meanwhile, all the stuff in Phase 2 made a lot more sense to me and significantly lowered my lap times because I was able to focus on the new material and not try to remember and practice the beginner-level stuff, which would have been taught less than 24 hours ago.
That makes a lot of sense. No doubt there would be a ton to learn and absorb. My other worry is I would be physically and mentally exhausted after just one day of hard riding, learning, and intense concentration, and be spent for the next two days.

That makes a lot of sense. No doubt there would be a ton to learn and absorb. My other worry is I would be physically and mentally exhausted after just one day of hard riding, learning, and intense concentration, and be spent for the next two days.

Physically, it really depends on what shape you're in, but again, IMO, the fatigue will be more mental than physical. You're learning a lot of new skills and concepts, and trying to do that for three days in a row is going to tax you mentally. You're probably really only going to absorb the Day 1 material, so I'd space out the courses if you can.

Pretty sure you can only do it as a 3 day program now. The first day starts with a track walk and the riding is single file to show lines, work on body position etc.

Day 2 starts with in class and then another track walk which is super helpful as now everyone has ridden the layout and can absorb more of the info or they have specific questions based on the previous day of riding. You're still going to ride as a group, but there will be simulated passing and the instructor will take turns behind students to dicuss what they're seeing in regards to their riding.

Sunday morning is similar to end of Saturday with lead-follow coaching. The afternoon is more like a track day.

My group last course had some cruiser riders, street rider and one person interested in trying track days. Only one in my group got his knee down, but that isn't necessarily every riders goals. Everyone made huge improvements over the course and I'm sure they'll be better riders on their bikes at home now because of it.

Back
Top Bottom