RACE round #1 May 13-15 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE round #1 May 13-15

I think if you ran the Saturday qualifier then you're in.

So since the races were cancelled, what does this mean for those of us who were not able to ride/qualify this weekend? I would have to start from the back of the grid, I guess? A familiar spot. Lol

You still get to run whatever races you register for at Round 2. When they run the Round 1 races, only the people who paid at Round 1 get to run that race.

Despite my mechanical difficulties and the ****** conditions, my first racing experience wasn't a total loss. I learned alot. Big shout out to all the people from this forum who helped me out with advice and peptalks, JayV, Dricked, Bakaboy and his boys, Lwt racer, JoeyB and TSC113. Looking forward to the next round.

I may also go out to the nationals in the 300 spec class to get some experience, haven't totally made up my mind yet.

Btw, my wife took over 1000 pics on saturday.... She posted about 200 of them on fb

Good to see all the new racers out...basically the worst weather you could have had thrown at you.

Yet you all, didi very very well.

JoeyB even got to see what a highside looks like...hope you enjoyed it.

Despite my mechanical difficulties and the ****** conditions, my first racing experience wasn't a total loss. I learned alot. Big shout out to all the people from this forum who helped me out with advice and peptalks, JayV, Dricked, Bakaboy and his boys, Lwt racer, JoeyB and TSC113. Looking forward to the next round.

I may also go out to the nationals in the 300 spec class to get some experience, haven't totally made up my mind yet.

Btw, my wife took over 1000 pics on saturday.... She posted about 200 of them on fb

Glad you enjoyed it. Do the spec class, you've got nothing to loose!

If there's any more of me please email them or let me know.

JoeyB even got to see what a highside looks like...hope you enjoyed it.

It was very graceful, I would give it high marks. Bonus for the track debris. Used it as on track reference points for the rest of the session.

Despite the crappy weather I had a pretty good weekend. Picked up .5s off where I was at the end of my season last year with good conditions. The bike is working well and we got some dry asphalt for our heat race.

looking good for this season! 1/2 second is huge, even more so taking into account the temps. edit: whoops, my comprehension is lacking today RE: OFF 1/2 second - still looking good!

Last edited:
20160516160643-19cb94f1-me.jpg

Before.

20160516160635-a91e33d6-me.jpg

During.

20160516160716-9171b361-me.jpg

After.

:/

First time in the rain for me. Was a lot of fun and I was quit surprised at how much grip the rain tires provided.
That's duct tape inside my mask to prevent fogging. It helped a lot.

Another great photograph by Heather Bashow - Deerhaven Photography.

Attachments

• Rain.jpg
    Rain.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom