RACE round #1 May 13-15 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE round #1 May 13-15

Looks like it'll be a damp one folks. Remember rain tires and rain suits.

And let's not forget rain = the great equalizer

I'll be there saturday and sunday finally going to use the rain tires it looks like but holding out hope it rains thru the night and not the day

And let's not forget rain = the great equalizer

Hopefully that looks good for me, as I enjoy rain and I have a stock(ish) bike.

I'm running behind this morning...if I get there later today would I still be able to get on track? Or would I be able to take part in the Sunday activities?

Yes and yes.

Yes and yes.

just checked out your trackaddix fb link. interesting, never been on FB. like the pics and buy sell ads.

anyhow... hoping str or anyone writes a rundown blurp on whats happening in the prodn classes - really liking the limited mods small bike prod'n classes

did lwt racer get his replacement motor? - sure hope things go well for him - he's certainly putting in a good last minute effort to be there.

did lwt racer get his replacement motor? - sure hope things go well for him - he's certainly putting in a good last minute effort to be there.
He got it but had electrical issues. He's running a gpz I believe.

I really wanted to race but missed weekend because of work.'
but wow, very challenging weather
rain on Saturday, ok, but how do you deal with Sunday cold?
Can tires be heat soaked enough to get through entire race?
hope all stay safe.

I'm gathering that today's events got cancelled because of snow. (What month is this??)

If the temperature is below about 10 C and you started out with tire warmers, the tires will cool off as you ride on track.

No snow here, just very cold and drizzle

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yes the races were cancelled.

I had a mixed bag weekend, the B bike was working pretty well with a bit of adjustment, but then I got overly aggressive on a front tire that was a bit cold and did a fair amount of damage to the bike. I started from 2nd row in OBC, made it to 3rd pos. in corner one then made lead by corner three, bike drifted a little wide in 3 but nothing worrying, flipped over for the left into 4 and lost the front instantly. I'd just been through there about 8 laps at speed as we had qualifying right before the heat race, but they had to pull a couple of bikes off the track and my tires cooled quite a bit waiting for it. Live and learn... Dunlops want heat in them.

I'm ok, just a big scratch, a bruise and some stiffness.

He got it but had electrical issues. He's running a gpz I believe.

Yeah...found the issue..7 dollar ignition pick up lead.

The GPz was a loaner bike, and Joey got a first hand account as to what a highside is. lol.

I would have raced in the heat race, but I (stupidly) forgot my second helmet at home. Oh well, there is always round 2.

Despite the crappy weather I had a pretty good weekend. Picked up .5s off where I was at the end of my season last year with good conditions. The bike is working well and we got some dry asphalt for our heat race.

It was a great weekend for me, my first round ever.
Big shout out to Burns Racing for mentoring me.
Big shout out to the Walker clan for helping me out too. Jared was kind enough to lead myself and a couple other newbies around.

Need to work on being in the right gear when I start...d'oh!!....and a bunch of other stuff too. Looking forward to the next round.

It was a great weekend for me, my first round ever.
Big shout out to Burns Racing for mentoring me.
Big shout out to the Walker clan for helping me out too. Jared was kind enough to lead myself and a couple other newbies around.

Need to work on being in the right gear when I start...d'oh!!....and a bunch of other stuff too. Looking forward to the next round.

You did well (outside of the start). Hopefully you enjoyed yourself despite the weather and that we will continue to see you grid up going forward.

My first run I missed the warm up lap and had to start from pit lane...on a new bike...on brand new tires...and with zero practice.

The second run was much better:)

So since the races were cancelled, what does this mean for those of us who were not able to ride/qualify this weekend? I would have to start from the back of the grid, I guess? A familiar spot. Lol

Back
Top Bottom