R1 vs Cop, R1 crashes, Cop gets charged | GTAMotorcycle.com

R1 vs Cop, R1 crashes, Cop gets charged

Splash

[video=youtube;c2RxksqYkzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2RxksqYkzM[/video]

Video from Sweden. An unmarked police car chases an Yamaha R1 -01. Seems like the police doesn´t use their sirens. The driver of the police car was later charged for not obey order. 6.34 he receives the order to abort the pursuit. And yes, the guy on the R1 didn´t have the skills to keep the speed up!

*** EDIT: The officer driving the police car was later sentenced to pay a ticket, 19.000 SEK (€ 2000 // $ 2850). The reason was he didn´t obey order to abort pursuit and he didn´t had the permission to cut the bike off.***

Bike was loosing coolant even since the cop guardrailed him on the campus.

R1 has some serious power, if the rider wanted to get away from the cop, he wouldve, but i think even he was too scared to push the bike to its limit, this bike has potential to leave cars in the dust, i myself has left numerous cars in dust on dundas street where police response time is 14 secs compare to lakeshore where police response time is only 4 seconds. dammit

Last edited:
hahaha it's like this guy just bought the bike, got on it for the first time, then figured he'd have a go at running from the cops on the way to his m2 course equivalent

Bike was loosing coolant even since the cop guardrailed him on the campus.

Exactly. And they used the sirens, and it's probably a marked car, see the bumper headlights?

:rolleyes:

Let's go with the 'I could've lost him' stories. *drum roll*

Last edited:
Exactly. And they used the sirens, and it's probably a marked car, see the bumper headlights?

:rolleyes:

Let's go with the 'I could've lost him' stories. *drum roll*

It's an unmarked car without his siren on.

Why are there so many round-abouts??? Pain in the ***. If there weren't it looks like he could've gained, maybe 2 metres

guess it's the same cop who couldn't catch ghost rider nor getaway rider and this time he's had enough lol.

After the coolant spill, you can see the rider struggling for rear traction as he accelerates out of turns and the bike steps sideways a few times. I suspect the loss of traction also played a role in the fall. You can even see the cop washing his windshield of the coolant that is misting out of the bike where the hose has likely been ripped or punctured near the water pump on the bike's right side.

That cop was handling that car though. To do 200km/h in a car on a 2 laned road isn't easy. I'm not sure why the rider didn't make more turns to get away from the cop.

That cop was handling that car though. To do 200km/h in a car on a 2 laned road isn't easy. I'm not sure why the rider didn't make more turns to get away from the cop.

More turns?

Did we just watch the same video? the cop car was on the riders *** through the turns....

jeezus, i just kept thinking to myself, "how delusional are you to think with that riding you can get away from anything but a tractor"

even going thru some of those round abouts I would've taken the exits, shoot, pull a u turn or something, pure straight riding then going though the corners without even leaning.

Love it when numpties on bikes try to run and fail miserably :)

Back
Top Bottom