Questions To Harley Riders | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Questions To Harley Riders

Nice bike DVFXDB. My road glide is going to end up getting some mx t bars and a saddleman seat similar style to what you have on your dyna. I'm waiting to do everything together down the road a little because I want to powdercoat most of the chrome and I don't really want to have the bike tore down right now. 40357

Reactions: J_F
Beautiful bike. I'm a big fan of road glides, the only bike I would trade/upgrade from my current. I can't recommend my seat enough. The quality and comfort is amazing. I know San Diego Customs just released a bagger version..shipping and fee's are killer though.

Fab28 exhaust. Those guys can weld.

Just wanted to ask what's the deal? Why do you like them?

I just test rode HD Forty-Eight. it was my first time ever on a HD and wonder why would anyone want this?

The bike was brand new and it was shaking like it has Parkinson's, It had a 8L gas tank needs a fillup after 120km. 1200cc that make only 62hp? 5speed in 2019? Single front rotor with 550lbs motorcycle? No rear suspension travel, and you can't make any tight turns because it only has 27deg. lean angle clearance. It was loud and embarrassing when you consider how slow it was. And they are asking $13k and ABS was optional.

I was wondering if I missed something. I've seen more refinements from $5~6k motorcycles.
I'm wondering if we should ask the same type of question to SS riders, since this has gone on for 13+ pages.

I'm wondering if we should ask the same type of question to SS riders, since this has gone on for 13+ pages.
Many of the questions related to "why the hell would you want to ride this torture machine on the streets" make sense.
HD still maintains the crown for why the hell would you want a toy vehicle with such a low specific output? Personally I like toys with high specific output. Low specific output is for tractors.

Beautiful bike. I'm a big fan of road glides, the only bike I would trade/upgrade from my current. I can't recommend my seat enough. The quality and comfort is amazing. I know San Diego Customs just released a bagger version..shipping and fee's are killer though.
Thanks man. I bookmarked that San Diego Customs site. I like that seat A LOT, exactly the style I’m after. That’s probably not happening till next winter though there is a lot more on the list taking priority.

Fab28 exhaust. Those guys can weld.
Trust me did my research. Amazing sounding pipe, not insanely loud but on the throttle it deff growls.
Thanks man. I bookmarked that San Diego Customs site. I like that seat A LOT, exactly the style I’m after. That’s probably not happening till next winter though there is a lot more on the list taking priority.
Good choice, you won’t be disappointed!

"When was the last time you met a stranger and knew he was a brother?"
*Secret Harley handsign and stoplight conversation edited out.

Looks like a Softail Standard, with a bucket seat, backrest, mini-apes, and FL front fender. TC88B?

Nice!

Well a touring bike makes a hell of a lot more sense on the street than a super sport regardless of brand. Super sports are fast light nimble but really why would anyone want to ride one on the street is beyond me. A sport touring or adv with street bias tires is plenty fast enough and still comfortable. If that’s not fast enough for you than you shouldn’t be on public roads at all. I even wonder how long I will have my Adventure bike because it’s just to easy to go way way to fast.
I found on my HD I could run it through the gears and make a little noise and though I was speeding it was imo reasonable.
Now I find within seconds I’m at take my bike and license territory.
The bike doesn’t look fast with its big aluminum “tool boxes” mesh head light protection and hand guards but god dam this thing hauls ass faster than it should.
Its so tempting to just cruise around at double the speed limit. It’s only a matter of time before I get a ticket and it won’t be small.
That point made how do SS riders keep a clean record?
Why would you want to ride something that only goes fast we’re your not allowed to go fast?
Do SS riders really drop 3 and flee, drop a gear disappear? Is that really the plan?

That is the exact reason I've become a fan of mid size adv bikes. You can actually play with them and yes you'll get a ticket but you'll keep your license.
Patiently waiting until the fall of 2020 to get my t7. I'll just ride the versys 650 another two seasons.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Well a touring bike makes a hell of a lot more sense on the street than a super sport regardless of brand. Super sports are fast light nimble but really why would anyone want to ride one on the street is beyond me. A sport touring or adv with street bias tires is plenty fast enough and still comfortable. If that’s not fast enough for you than you shouldn’t be on public roads at all. I even wonder how long I will have my Adventure bike because it’s just to easy to go way way to fast.
I found on my HD I could run it through the gears and make a little noise and though I was speeding it was imo reasonable.
The bike doesn’t look fast with its big aluminum “tool boxes” mesh head light protection and hand guards but god dam this thing hauls ass faster than it should.
Its so tempting to just cruise around at double the speed limit. It’s only a matter of time before I get a ticket and it won’t be small.
Why would you want to ride something that only goes fast we’re your not allowed to go fast?
Do SS riders really drop 3 and flee, drop a gear disappear? Is that really the plan?
That is the exact reason I've become a fan of mid size adv bikes. You can actually play with them and yes you'll get a ticket but you'll keep your license.
Patiently waiting until the fall of 2020 to get my t7. I'll just ride the versys 650 another two seasons.

Forgot to quote you lol.

You ever try the duke 790 adventure?
I've never ridden the Duke 790, the 790 adventure hasn't hit Canada yet.
I'd like to ride both the t7 and the 790 adventure before buying. On looks alone I personally prefer the Yamaha.

I ruled out the Duke line because I thought I would ride off road occasionally.
I have learned I need two bikes because off-road tires wear out too fast on roads.
I ride 90% road. And street bias tires are down right dangerous off-road. Lol
She’s a big girl that likes to party
As a street bike I’m absolutely loving my 1190 adventure
It’s stupid fast, it handles great, it has storage, its comfortable for all day rides. I really can’t think of anything it doesn’t do incredibly well. Other than dirt.

But if or when I get a ticket, if I still have a license I think it’s back on a big slow HD for me.
I love the 1290 super duke or even the 790 but they are a little too sport bike.
Just going to get me in more trouble. I don’t know how guys do it.
I can barely behave on an adv bike.

You got it. ;)
My sport-touring 650 can hit 108kph in first gear. It makes just under 100hp, but the feeling that you get is spectacular.

I love the feeling you get when you lean. Feels like you on rails.

I have never had once thought riding position was bad on sport bikes. Love being tucked in and going fast.

I understand why people like cruisers. Xdiavel, Rune, and Rocket are beautiful. IMHO, HD looks old and dull. Seems like fans are spoiling the company to be lazy. Reminds me of American car companies.

Nice bike DVFXDB. My road glide is going to end up getting some mx t bars and a saddleman seat similar style to what you have on your dyna. I'm waiting to do everything together down the road a little because I want to powdercoat most of the chrome and I don't really want to have the bike tore down right now. View attachment 40357
Beautiful RG. If I didn't have a wedding to pay for this year I'd still have a bagger as a 2nd option in the garage.

I had a conversation with a Harley rider at a stop light once, it went more like:
Nice day for riding eh - What?
I say it's a nice day for riding eh? - OK!
Your front wheel looks loose is it suppose to shake like that? - What?
ARE YOUR FRONT FORKS SUPPOSE TO SHAKE LIKE THAT? - IT'S A HARLEY MAN!
Oh I hadn't noticed! - That was when the light turned green and I got the heck out of there.
I think he must have been wearing ear plugs.

I don't have an SS though it has be written that the Tuono is basically an RSV4 with flat bars and a re-tuned engine. At 175HP and 1100ccs it's definitely on the "beastlier" end of the spectrum.

I've had it for two years and don't have a moving violation yet with it. Keeping a clean record with a bike like this is simple: Maturity and self-control. It sounds cliche but it's true.

Recently I rode past the Timmys on Ottawa Street in Kitchener (apparently a destination for bikes of all kinds, especially on Fridays and weekends) heading to 85 north. A few SSs fell in behind me. By the time I got to the on-ramp, they were no-where to be seen. I accelerated, merged and rode north a few kph above the flow of (light) traffic. A few seconds later these same SSs came blasting by at full-song, probably doing 150-200kph as they went by, still accelerating. They'd fallen way back to give themselves lots of room ahead for the knee-drag ramp entrance and full-tuck WOT acceleration to follow. I admit it's a nice piece of road to stretch ones legs but that's also behavior that leads to HTA172s and life-changing legal challenges.

When I ride I'm conscious of everything I do and where I do it. Ridden appropriately, these bikes are just big pussycats and while they can make hair-on-fire speed, they also have a throttle that, used judiciously, allows one to keep ones license.

I don't know the psychology but it probably has roots in the same reason most ADV bikes never see "adventure" use or why most AWD SUVs never actually go off-road. Appearance/image, sound, feeling, the ability to exercise them in, um, "isolated situations" -- depending on your level of situational awareness/bravery/stupidity etc.

Sport bike riders can easily take their machines to actual track days; is there an enduro-like equivalent for ADV bikes?

How many ADV riders putt-putt around town with their knobbly-tires and giant panniers mounted with no actual intent of going on any sort of actual adventure? Probably about as many as Indian, HD and metric cruiser riders that commute on their machines rather than heading out on the open road for huge highway cruising.

Those with mental issues do.

Me too - a big fan. I traded my SS for a VStrom last year and I don't regret it for a moment. I have no trouble running with most 600SS riders on the street, and it's certainly a lot more comfortable to ride. I'm not sold on big ADVs, once you get over a liter I prefer a proper ST.

Back
Top Bottom