Princess Auto Motorcycle Lift - on sale again! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Princess Auto Motorcycle Lift - on sale again!

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
If anyone's interested and looking, just saw the PA 1000lb moto lift is back on sale.

After yesterday's fun time with the snow blower I'm looking for something similar to this...

Would make life easier (even though the little stool I bought from a GTAMer sure helped out 100% yesterday!)

If anyone's interested and looking, just saw the PA 1000lb moto lift is back on sale.

After yesterday's fun time with the snow blower I'm looking for something similar to this...

Would make life easier (even though the little stool I bought from a GTAMer sure helped out 100% yesterday!)
Canadian tire in princess Auto have left carts like that cheaper

Sent from the future

can anyone talk about the PA branded front/rear stands? buddy needs them and it seems like a decent sale price? thank god for centre stands :D

The cart is $280 and the full motorcycle lift is $480...may be worth to splurge and then get better use out of the lift as a whole.

The cart is $280 and the full motorcycle lift is $480...may be worth to splurge and then get better use out of the lift as a whole.
I agree. 500 lb capacity is quite limiting and exceeded by many bikes, lawn tractors and some snowblowers are getting close to that.

Trying to guess what the lift table would do that the bike lift would not do if you have both.
Raised everything from large appliances to garden tractors with mine.

Trying to guess what the lift table would do that the bike lift would not do if you have both.
Lift table often allows rolling while up. Footprint in garage is smaller. Save some money. Most people would be better served by the bike lift even if only for stability.

I use my 1,000 pneumatic / hydraulic bike lift for a range of things. Bike, snowblower, lawnmower + a general work surface in the highest position. Very versatile.

The only thing the bike lift will do better is be more stable, lift up larger pieces (mower / snow blower), motorcycle, and be a larger movable work table for anything that needs to be done.

But you're correct, the lift table will do 90% of what the motorcycle table will do.

$290 at the local HD.
Assembly required

Can you get a Yamaha Star Eluder on it?
I purchased a used Princess Auto motorcycle lift for $200.00 and that was half price of new.
Wait!!! That was 20 yeras ago!!!

Can you get a Yamaha Star Eluder on it?
I purchased a used Princess Auto motorcycle lift for $200.00 and that was half price of new.
Wait!!! That was 20 yeras ago!!!

I'm sure you can reinforce it to hold a Goldwing if needed.

I also bought a used PA lift for the same $200 dollars....
That's right, that was 2 years ago!!!!

;);)

The only thing the bike lift will do better is be more stable, lift up larger pieces (mower / snow blower), motorcycle, and be a larger movable work table for anything that needs to be done.

But you're correct, the lift table will do 90% of what the motorcycle table will do.
I have both. The biggest PIA with the lift table is getting things onto it. Getting a man size tiller or snowblower onto one is a 2 man dead lift.

If anyone is in need of a motorcycle lift table and wants to make the trek to Milton, I have one and I can lend it out.

I have used it once and I don't think I will be needed it anytime in the near future.

I have both. The biggest PIA with the lift table is getting things onto it. Getting a man size tiller or snowblower onto one is a 2 man dead lift.
Can you incorporate a chain hoist to help with the lifting.
1681264093952.png
I store my snow blower in the dog house. ... I mean shed.

To clear up some floor space, I raise it up off the ground onto a counter height platform. I use a similar chain hoist to help with the lifting and lowering. Goes up once a hear and comes down once a year. The little bit of effort is well worth it to gain space under it for lawn mower.

Wait!!! That was 20 years ago!!!

I also bought a used PA lift for the same $200 dollars....
That's right, that was 2 years ago!!!!

I purchased my 1,000 lb pneumatic / hydraulic lift used about 6 - 7 years for $200 as well. At that time list was about $700 and the sale price was about $475. Great deal.

If you're in PA anyway, they also have their vacuum oil extractor on clearance. I'm going to pick one up. Reviews are mixed but mostly positive. As with all things PA, sure a Mityvac is better but at almost four times the price, I'll take my chances with the PA.

I highly recommend this, as I've had one for at least 10 years. Just be careful not to fill it beyond the upper limit mark, and drain the unit itself carefully to avoid getting oil up into the vac pump mechanism, otherwise oil will spew out the air exhaust whenever you pump and makes more of a mess than it saves.

Think about this.
Would you by a motorcycle because it was $200.00 cheaper than the one you need & want?

Good tools are for life. They are an investment that have a retained value and easy to resell.
I have never seen a used PA motorcycle lift listed for very long unless it is stupidly priced.
I used to have 3 in my shop when I was doing frame up restorations.
When I first started my hobby I tried to cheap out and went with other style lifts including a PA lift table.
They where not what I "needed" and often gave them away at low prices just to make them gone.
One of my PA motorcycle lifts was used for 12 years and cycled thru thousands of lifts with no issues.
I found the air/hudaulic lift waste of money vs the foot pump hydraulic model that was faster and smoother operating.
I will admit that if I was working on a 700+lb motorcycle I would go to a comercial grade unit.

If you have ever owned a cheap ratchet set that let go when under load causing you to bust your knuckles,
you will understand what I am talking about.

I am a motorcyclist I can not afford a lawnmower & snow blowers.

YA6-11 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom